Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

rydercuphomes.com

Options
  • 21-09-2006 11:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,

I'm just looking for opinion on this ...

On the radio this morning there was a feature on some bloke who, quite legitamately contacted punters and asked them for a hundred and fifty squid to advertise thier house for rental on his pretty professional website.

The houses were near the K club and he advised the punters that they could get up to €20,000 if he could rent them out for the week of the golf, he got a lot of takers on his offer - so fair play to him.

Now according to the report very few of the houses were actually rented out, I think maybe only 2 or three and there are about 90 advertised ... I make that about €13,500 ... nice money !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

I think a lot of people thought that they could cash in on the Ryder Cup.
    The same people have since learnt that it's not that easy to make a "quick buck"

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Reminds me of what often happens when you advertise a car in one of the Irish mags.
    UK company(s) will contact you telling you that they will advertise your car in the UK for €x and direct youor advert towards the buyer, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

I live about 500 yards away from the K Club and I honestly dont know anyone who is renting out their homes , we made a decision about a year ago not too, however I think it will be bad for tourism if people get ripped off.

Advertisement