Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pointe shoes

Options
  • 21-09-2006 11:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭

Hey my girlfriend is looking for somewhere to get pointe shoes, as she isn't happy with the standard of the ones she gets from dance world so I was jsut wondering if anybody knew of any where else she could get reasonably priced shoes from anywhere else

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Try Dance Direct- but it might be a good idea to get fitted properly first with a pair she likes. What ones does she have at the moment? Danceworld stocks Bloch and Gamba so has she tried the other brand? They might also stock others as I haven't been to them in a while.

Grishko online are very reasonable.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

hey thanks for that, ye i think she is getting a pair from dance direct, She is currently using the Bloch but as she has wide feet some retails don't stock the wide fittting shoes.

so once again thanks for the help

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Aspiration

Dance City in Limerick also stock Bloch, but it's roughly the same price. Dance Direct is probably your best bet.

Glad I could help! :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 caty360

:)hi i was wondering were in limerick is dance city? or if there are any ballet shops other then dance world in dublin and dance city in limerick do u know any more? please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭MysticalSoul

Might be worth checking out http://dimensionsdance.ie/ in Skerries, North Dublin.

• Advertisement

:Dthanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Clodidah

Dancecity is up by frenches on i think catherines street? Its beside melie b anyway. And to be honest they are crap for pointe shoes. They dont know how to fit them properly and they only stock one shoe bloch serenades.

thanks for that, i wont be going there.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 dimensionsd

Hi,

I am the manager for Dimensions Dancewear in Drumcondra. I came across your comment that you were loking for Pointe shoes, I see the comment was posted sometime ago but if you ever have any queries for Pointes please pop into the store and I would be more that happy to help you. I have been professionally trained to fit Pointes so I can guarantee you you will be treated with the upmost care . We do carry a number of different brands and fittings to insure everybody has the opportunity to obtain a pair of pointe shoes which fit their feet to perfection.

Any further queries , please do not hesitate to contact me,
    Kind Regards,
    Rachel Shiels

web: http://www.dimensionsdance.ie
    email: info@dimensionsdance.ie
    Tel: (01) 836 0125

where are your stores based??

• Advertisement
Advertisement