Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Digital Sender

• 21-09-2006 12:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,749 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Okay, this is the story,
    I have NTL MMDS digital in one room with the usual small NTL box.
    I want to "share" this between the TV in this room an a TV in the room upstairs. I dont have an option for wires so need the signal sent wirelessly.
    I realise there are some digital senders on the market that can do this with the limitation that watever is being displayed on the NTL box will be displayed on both TVs. I dont mind this so long as a remote can be used in the room upstairs to change the channel on the NTL box.
    So,
    Does anyone have something that does this already and could anyone recommend a device that does this and where to get it?
    I am based in Galway and the budget is around 100 euro but would spend a small bit more if required.
    Cheers for any advice.
    Kippy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭alanceltic

i bought a few diff types of these babies but they kept interferring with my wireless internet as all these senders use the same frequency, also beware that not all of them are compatible with ntl remotes. In saying that I got a ferguson model in currys (retail park in Liffey Valley) for the bargain price of 35 lids and it works like a dream, it also has 4 diff channels so u can fine tune it to a channel that suits if there is any interference, would highly recommend as is cheap as chips!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Your best bet is to get the AEI digisender.
    http://www.aei.info/community/html/modules/articles/article.php?id=14

Argos sell them for roughly €120
    I have had no interference with any wireless routers. As far as remotes are, it may require an add on digieye.

Advertisement