Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL wireless router Username

Options
  • 21-09-2006 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Can anyone tell me what is the usual Username for the wireless router that NTL provide?
    I know my password, just not my username,

Rang NTL and they said that I would need to contact Nettopia

Seems a bit odd if you ask me...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,307 ✭✭✭markpb

Try root/root or admin/admin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

delop wrote:
    Hi Guys,
    Can anyone tell me what is the usual Username for the wireless router that NTL provide?
    I know my password, just not my username,

Rang NTL and they said that I would need to contact Nettopia

Seems a bit odd if you ask me...
    WHy is it odd? Netopia set the password, they document it in the manual that was in the box with the router, and they provide a copy of the manual on the website that documents the default password.

If you'd included the model number of the Netopia, I'd have looked up the manual for you, and posted the password. It'd take about 2 minutes. But now that you know where to look, it'll be quicker for you to look it up yourself.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

What seems odd is that any post here about NTL giving out routers always mentioned Netgear? Netgears use admin as the password afaik.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭delop

Thanks guys, think my brain was not workign this afternoon,

admin
    admin

works

Thanks again...

Advertisement