Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryder Cup Ticket Fiasco

• 21-09-2006 12:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Has anybody successfully changed a name on Ryder cup tickets?

I emailed the name change email address no response. I rang the Dublin office, first clown said ticket name change only in the event of a bereavement. I expressed my disappointment at how the Ryder Cup LLP seemed to conduct its affairs. The second time I rang I was informed that ticket changes are not allowed in any circumstances.

From start to finish my experience with this crowd of moneycentric imbeciles has been last class.

I applied thro' the lottery to get tickets for all days hoping to get some tickets. I was awarded 2 tickets for Sunday. The charge should have been Euro 280 (E130 each for the tickets and E20 for the car park pass).

I was charged GP ST£280 for the transaction i.e. E418.47! Following my complaint they refunded GB ST £280 at a different exchange rate leading to a refund of E405.78. This still left me over E12 down on the deal.

I should have known at this point that the whole experience would be down hill all the way and so it has transpired.

Yesterday was a complete rip off. I "managed" to get a ticket for yesterdays "affair" from a friend who kindly brought me along. The pitch & putt offered by the Americans was not appreciated and my view is that Ryder Cup LLP should refund each and every spectator for yesterdays fiasco. At best we were offered 9 holes by the Europeans and effectively nothing from the American team.

Does anybody have any views on this whole debacle?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/images/smilies/confused.gif
    :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,671 ✭✭✭The Rooster

Has anybody successfully changed a name on Ryder cup tickets?

I emailed the name change email address no response. I rang the Dublin office, first clown said ticket name change only in the event of a bereavement. I expressed my disappointment at how the Ryder Cup LLP seemed to conduct its affairs. The second time I rang I was informed that ticket changes are not allowed in any circumstances.
    I know people who have attended with the wrong name on the ticket. Have your passport with you and a story (friend, uncle whatver got you the ticket) and there shouldnt be a problem.
    From start to finish my experience with this crowd of moneycentric imbeciles has been last class.

I applied thro' the lottery to get tickets for all days hoping to get some tickets. I was awarded 2 tickets for Sunday. The charge should have been Euro 280 (E130 each for the tickets and E20 for the car park pass).

I was charged GP ST£280 for the transaction i.e. E418.47! Following my complaint they refunded GB ST £280 at a different exchange rate leading to a refund of E405.78. This still left me over E12 down on the deal.
    Unlucky! Certainly bad form
    Yesterday was a complete rip off. I "managed" to get a ticket for yesterdays "affair" from a friend who kindly brought me along. The pitch & putt offered by the Americans was not appreciated and my view is that Ryder Cup LLP should refund each and every spectator for yesterdays fiasco. At best we were offered 9 holes by the Europeans and effectively nothing from the American team.
    Unlucky with the weather.
    But the name of the game was "practice". I don't understand why people agreed to be ripped off by paying to go to watch players practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 stay at homer

Only 1 ticket is transferable. 1 of the original party must still go. I got 2 tickets for Sunday for myself and my husband. I can't go, so he is bringing a friend from work. You have to e-mail the name, date of birth, nationality and passport number of original ticket holder and also these details of the new ticket holder. You must also include your id request number. Send to dave.oliver@fto.uk.com. I did this yesterday and received an e-mail this morning confirming that the name was changed on the database, but bring along ticket with old name on it.

Advertisement