Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clay Pidgeon Shooting/Stag Party in CarrickonShannon

Options
  • 21-09-2006 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm doing best man for a friend and we're thinking of going to Carrick-on-Shannon for the stag. Has anyone got any advice on accommodation, things to do, pubs, etc. A B&B or hostel would be ideal.

Thanks,

Donie

Comments

Dunnes pub followed by Cartown(NIGHTCLUB) FOLLOWED BY CRAPPY CHINESE CHIPPER FOLLOWED BY hostel beside crappy chinese chipper.Usual stag in Leitrim.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

http://www.leitrimtourism.com/ might help, a trip on the Moon River could be good craic followed by some passion in "Passion" nightclub :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,687 ✭✭✭Dun laoire

Even the cows where shouting Mooooooved

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Donie75

Was going to put this post in North West but I thought it was mainly Sligo & Donegal.
    Would Sligo be any good for a stag?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

Wouldnt mind what The_Dazzler says, im from Leitrim. Ck-on-Shannon is the place to go, everything is close by, the train stops there and it would be a lot cheaper than Sligo

Looks like Carrick is a runner.
    Can anyone recommend a B&B in the town centre?
    Also, is there any good activities to do in the area? Karting, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 40 chapod21

You could rent a boat from emerald star tara cruisers or carrick craft they can sleep up to 10 I think and you can sail up and down the Shannon all day.It should be pretty cheap this time of year

• Registered Users Posts: 46,014 ✭✭✭✭muffler

chapod21 wrote:
    You could rent a boat from emerald star tara cruisers or carrick craft they can sleep up to 10 I think and you can sail up and down the Shannon all day.It should be pretty cheap this time of year
    Just make sure you dont fall in when getting sick over the side :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭the Guru

Stags in carrick are in my opinion amazing I have been to a few we stayed in Cryans bar 25 per night and did moon river, it was great I highly recommend it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

Yeah. Go for Carrick. I live in Sligo and stags aren't always that well received. Carrick's a bit cheaper, the atmosphere is great and there's loads of good pubs (Dunnes, Poitin Still, Anchorage, Oarsman, Havana, Flynns). There's a nightclub behind the Landmark hotel on a Friday night and Passion's open on a Saturday night. It's huge. It holds 3000 when the whole lot is open.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭GG66

I was on a stag that started in carrick, hired a cruiser, stocked the boat with food and booze. went early to a lebanese restaurant in Jamestown to try out the boat, back to carrick for a pub crawl and nightclub, back to boat for late bar and poker, slept on cruiser (naturally) off next day to Lough Key for some fishing and cruising. There are pubs along the way for anyone who chickens out (some did to see the world cup). There's an italian restaurant in Knockvicar, great pizza's, jetty beside restaurant, full license. That night you can go back to carrick for some excitement or stop off in one of the local pubs. We found one with a pool table, dart board and some crazy locals, served till 3.

it cost about 150eu a head for boat (peak season) filled with food and booze. Well worth it.

Or you could go for something different and still be within minibus distance of Carrick http://www.smirsh.com/gyreum/stag.html

Thanks for all the tips lads. The Guru mentioned accommodation in Cryans. Is that Cryans Bar near the bridge? We'd like to stay in town and a B&B over a pub sounds ideal.
    Also, did anyone try any activities on the Saturday. There's a guy advertising Clay Pidgeon Shooting in Keshkerrigan. Has anyone tried it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭il gatto

I think that's the Cryans he meant. I think Burkes Pub further up Bridge Street also do B&B but I could be wrong. I haven't tried the clay pidgeon shooting, but Kesh is only 8-9 miles from Carrick (out the Leitrim Village road and turn off right for Ballinamore at the Fingerboard, right again at next majorish junction).

Hi,
    I'm heading to CarrickonShannon on Saturday for a stag and we want to organise some sort of activity for the afternoon. I have heard that there is a guy running clay pidgeon shooting around the area. Does anyone have a number for him or can anyone suggest another activity...

thx

donie

Donie, you had a similar if not identical thread here recently so I am merging the 2 together

muffler

Advertisement