Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragonforce. Legends!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭Arucard

brownbread wrote:
    in the words of my dear father when he heard me listening to fury of the storm:
    "that sounds like a eurovision song contest entry"

lol

the reason theyre so popular is because theyre bringing solos at lightning speed in to satisfy shredders and metallers,but still keeping it melodic,tight and [dare i say] pop-like to interest people who have no interest in mixolodian 6-string sweeps played at 300 beats a second

they do use exactly the same formula in songs,and some solos even copy themselves from previous songs[admitted by sam] but theyre guitarists and drummer are 3 of the best out there,so whats there not to like?
    DragonForce for Eurovision!!
    and actually, most shredders hate DragonForce; a lot of Hermans sweeps aren't as clean as they could/should be. still, apart from the fact that they cant put together an album that doesnt repeat itself, they're awesome. fun band, kickass live shows. lookin forward to November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

but theyre guitarists and drummer are 3 of the best out there

Id personally disagree with that bit about the drummer. Although Id say that about any drummer who uses double bass drums at that speed. Neil Peart, Keith Moon, Dave Matthews band bein the exception(for now anyway). John Bonham & Jimmy Chamberlin...brilliant drummers

Advertisement