Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

(Even more) new BioShock screenshots

Options
  • 21-09-2006 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/733/733923p1.html

If you're an IGN Insider (yeah, right...) you can see the demo, otherwise these screenshots are a nice teaser. Veeeery nice indeed.

Suppose I'll check later if I can get that video special elsewhere, cough.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I seriously cannot wait to play this game. Looks like the finest game currently in production. Have been dying to see a video, but no luck. But hard luck if they think im going to pay to use ign

The internet is supposed to be free dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Lower quality versions seem to be available for download, it's the proper (HD) versions that are Insider only. Links don't work for me though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,455 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

hmm downloading the high res stream now doesnt seem to be any problem. Although as is always the case with ign extraordinarily slow loading. But it's 15 minutes long! Yay!
    Edit : just watched it all and it truly does look spectacular. Check out the video at ign. Pretty mindblowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭i_am_dogboy

You could shoot children in fallout. Which shares some visual stylings with bioshock. Don't know anything about this game, but I have been impressed by the visuals since I first laid my eyes on it, I may be checking it out whenever it arrives, unless of course I get around to reading some previews and find out it's crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I've been waiting for this for so long and I'm desperately trying not to get my hopes up. So thanks koneko for getting me all excited again! I'll blame you if I end up hating it :D

edit: eh, after reading over that I thought I should point out that I meant excited over the game! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

can i take this moment to say

ZOMGHDOIUOFHIOHFUIJDF)(FUIOFOIFHIOFUDIFIUFI)(HUIOJFOIDFJJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11010101010101

me want.

though I fear the dual release on both pc and 360 could result in a dumbed down version like in Deus ex 2...(which funnily enough I cant remember too clearly these days)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,408 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

This has got me excited. looks most excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    can i take this moment to say

ZOMGHDOIUOFHIOHFUIJDF)(FUIOFOIFHIOFUDIFIUFI)(HUIOJFOIDFJJ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11010101010101

me want.

though I fear the dual release on both pc and 360 could result in a dumbed down version like in Deus ex 2...(which funnily enough I cant remember too clearly these days)

doubtfull, since the 360 is so close to a pc, including support for a mouse and keyboard

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

jomanji wrote:
    I've been waiting for this for so long and I'm desperately trying not to get my hopes up. So thanks koneko for getting me all excited again! I'll blame you if I end up hating it :D

edit: eh, after reading over that I thought I should point out that I meant excited over the game! :eek:

Phew, glad you added that disclaimer :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

krazy_8s wrote:
    doubtfull, since the 360 is so close to a pc, including support for a mouse and keyboard

What sort of 360 do you play cos mine doesnt have support for mouse at all or keyboard in games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

krazy_8s wrote:

which control method will the vast majority of xbox 360 users have?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Not 1280x720 version, but quite high res:
    http://ftp.4players.de/pub/xbox/xbox360/bioshock/BioShock_Entwickler-Vorstellung.zip

Anyone else think the voiceover from the Creative Director at Irrational sounds like the Grey Man?

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

the voice is scary. nice video but still doesnt stand out as anything special. hopefully it will be though.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

its system shock 2 but with better AI and shiny graphics.

i'm sorry but that is still more advanced then the garbage the "next-gen" has mostly shovelled around. (Though Dead Rising is the exception of course.)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

BlitzKrieg wrote:
    its system shock 2 but with better AI and shiny graphics.

i'm sorry but that is still more advanced then the garbage the "next-gen" has mostly shovelled around. (Though Dead Rising is the exception of course.)

Indeed, I pity the people that are gonna miss this. :D

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Looks stunning. Been waiting for this since System Shock 2. Deus Ex was similar in RPG/FPS style but was linear progression through levels rather than dynamic enviroments. For this game, money will be no object in terms of hardware.

http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/793/793105/vids_1.html
    Check out the new video :eek:
    Although it looks distinctly non real time, I am still terrified.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

wow, not heard about this game till now. looks stunning!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,588 ✭✭✭✭Sand

The only thing that bothers me - from the first video - is the animation of the splicer...for me, the standards of agile, tricky SOB have been set by the assassins from FEAR. The way the splicer backflipped away, but in a straight line....other than showing off, doesnt make her any harder to hit. Same for her simply hanging off the ceiling getting shot up in relatively plain sight. Youd kinda of hope shed be constantly dodging, moving, retreating and maybe coming back to hit you from a different angle.

I know Bioshock is more survival horror than FPS blastathon, but I hope they do some work on the splicer between now and release.

For the second video, its extremely well done. Cant see myself beating the little sisters brains in for Atom, and now theres another good reason not to.

• Advertisement
Advertisement