Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astro on Sunday

Options
  • 21-09-2006 1:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Howya guys,

I'm gonna book an Astro pitch in Coolmine for Sunday afternoon (2-4 or 3-5 perhaps) if that suits 20 people or more. I need to know a.s.a.p. though.

Its around €250 for the 2 hours, just over a tenner each.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Yeah I'm definitely in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,031 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

3-5 suits me. I spend my weekends and most evenings doing major renovations on the gaff and am under pressure so its tough taking the time off but if its later in the day I can get a bit done beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

I'll be there. Sunday is grand any time suits.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Lads, if you are deffo going post in here.

If you said at training on Thursday you are going, don't let the lads down please.

I'll be there.

I think 2-4 was the agreed time.

Anyone fancy pints afterwards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

i be there with andy.

pints sound good

kdjac

• Advertisement

They always do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

I'll be there assuming the time is 2 - 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

2pm it is. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'll ring or call in tomorrow morning to book and will let you know as soon as I have done. Wouldn't mind pints after yeah, Everton -v- Newcastle is on at 4 and Barcelona -v- Valencia later on in the evening. Couple of decent spots nearby too.

Mark, we had 16 tonight and everyone said they'd be there.

Plus a few more I'd say.

So numbers shouldn't be an issue.

• Advertisement

Righto, well if we need any more I've a couple of mates in the area so I'm not gonna worry about that. Hopefully the pitch is available for 2-4, and if not, from 3-5. I'm nursing a bit of a tight calf that I suffered on the bus home from Derry on Monday, believe it or not, but I'll be grand I'm sure!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Can't make Sunday, going to Ryder Cup and have tickets for 3 years so can't pull out of it at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Count me in for Sunday, 2pm's a bit early but oh well :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I am on for sunday.

Right lads, done and dusted. I've booked it for Sunday from 2 til 4, its €240 so in or around a tenner each if we get decent numbers. I play there every Sunday and the pitch is quite decent once theres no heavy rain.

We have to pay beforehand, so if everyone can arrive a little bit early it would be a huge help, say 1.45pm?

It's located right beside Coolmine School and Verona FC, which are fairly close to the Blanchardstown shopping centre. If you have Google Earth then hopefully you can look at the location by clicking the attachment below...

If not, theres a couple of maps. The first is of the greater Blanchardstown area, the second is a closer view of the pitches.

If you are using public transport, the 39 bus route goes right by the pitches. First it goes through Blanch village and takes a left at the Police Station / Garden House chinese. Then it continues down Clonsilla Road for a bit and takes a right. You'll need to get off at the Statoil garage just after this right. The pitches are then straight ahead of you if you look at the roundabout the bus goes through. Think I might be making this too complicated...

From Coolmine train station its about a 10-15 minute walk. Cross the bridge over the canal and continue straight until the junction. Cross the road straight ahead and walk through Coolmine Wood, ensuring to dodge any unsavoury characters on your way! At the end of the short wood the pitches are right in front of you, across the road.

Any questions just reply here, or PM me for my mobile number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

I'll be there on sunday but won't be on-line after 5 today and all day tomorrow, so if plans change will someone drop me a txt. My number is 086-8030383.

thanks
    Emc2

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Righto, well if we need any more I've a couple of mates in the area so I'm not gonna worry about that. Hopefully the pitch is available for 2-4, and if not, from 3-5. I'm nursing a bit of a tight calf that I suffered on the bus home from Derry on Monday, believe it or not, but I'll be grand I'm sure!

gayest excuse ever!, nothing broken or fractured? pfft shels wuss.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Hoodle

I'm there.

Now I just have to make sure I don't get lost on the way...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭LoBo

Anyone driving through town on sunday? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Anybody who will have problems finding the actual pitch just go to the Leisure Plex in the Blanchardstown Centre. I will be there from 1.30pm until 1.45pm and will meet paople there. It's a two minute walk then.

• Advertisement

If anyone needs a lift on the northside lemme know I'll be coming across M50 just after 1ish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

Savman wrote:
    If anyone needs a lift on the northside lemme know I'll be coming across M50 just after 1ish

I could do with a lift if you're still offering :)

just looking at the 39 bus from town, takes 85 mins, feck that!:eek: Ill be getting into Dublin from Donegal around 12 so depending on buses, I could be a little late

Quball15 wrote:
    I could do with a lift if you're still offering :)

just looking at the 39 bus from town, takes 85 mins, feck that!:eek: Ill be getting into Dublin from Donegal around 12 so depending on buses, I could be a little late

No way it'll take 85 minutes from town on a Sunday afternoon! 45 - 55 max I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

really? cool, i was just going on the Dublin bus website...never took a bus out that way before

I'm going Swords to Blanch via M50 so a trip into Dublin City is a fair bit off the trail chief!

Great session lads, fair play.

tough going but good to see the competitive edge ;)

And for the record, on astro turf Slide Tackles are Illegal :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Roddy23

Good tight game today lads. Hopefully the way for future games too.

Whats the crack with training this week, are we playing up there again? or are we back up in the Pheno for 45mins, before it gets dark.

Good game, not as fuced as i usually am.

new rule anyone who breaks the chairmans finger, elbows him and bust his lip or slide tackles him from behind is banned and dropped.

Im totally ok with that rule.

kdjac

• Advertisement
Advertisement