Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Site Critique

Options
  • 21-09-2006 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭

Hi all just want to get opinions about a site I've nearly completed....

http://www.palispizza.com

Thanks in advance,

mada

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Nice, I like the wee icons it has. The only thing I don't like about it is the image compression which seems a bit too much. The images look a tad too jaggy and compressed. Especially the flash you have with the Pali logo. In fact that logo seems slightly unfinished due to the drop shadow you have on the text but within the P and A characters - they don't have a shadow as they haven't been cut out in Photoshop.

There is also a lot of white space so it may look nice being slightly contained but that's not a big deal imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭mada999

Cheers man, I thought the page would load slow due to the flash....do you think the icons are too compressed also ?

by the way what resolution did you view it at out of interest??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Adam

The pali's logo in the top left is the only way to get back to the home page and yet it isnt even a link on the menu, contact us, directions or guestbook pages.

Also on the menu page the text that scrolls across the flash saying Welcome to our Menu cant really be read as it fades to quickly.

Other than that its a nice site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Nice and clean, but you are using frames which will not help you with search engines. The same design can be achieved using divs, and if you don't want to refresh the entire page when clicking on the links you can try Ajax.

You contact form doesn't do any checking for empty fields either. You going to end up with a lot of blank emails

Advertisement