Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

sony ericsson K750i storage format

• 21-09-2006 1:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭

want to upgrade and am currently think of the K750i . I just wondering is the memory storage standard sd cards? Got a few 1GB SansDisk Ultra II cards at home I use for my dslr, would be dead handy if I could use them here too.

Also, anyone here got one of these and know of any reasons why it wouldn't be a good buy, or an alternative they'd recommend over it?
    Main things I'd be looking for would be intuitive interface, responsive keypad, decent battery life, plus good quality camera (especially in poor light). Sick of the crappy images I've got with the last 2.

cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

memory stick i'm afraid

tis great value, i have a w800i...similar just with a half gig card and a lens cover, great camera, heres a shot i took at a gig in real low light226561245_f06d832aa3.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

You can get a 4Gig card for this phone.

SanDisk Memory Stick PRO Duo 4GB.

Try eBay too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,342 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

You can get 2gb cards off Ebay for €30-€40.
    K750i is basically the same as w800i and 810i. I think the 810 is the best and meteor have a good offer on it.

I'm not sure if the phone will take a 4gb card - I thought there was a 3gb address limit restriction in place.

See: http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=125173&thread=666

• Closed Accounts Posts: 902 ✭✭✭BreadBoard

You can get 2gb cards off Ebay for €30-€40.
    K750i is basically the same as w800i and 810i. I think the 810 is the best and meteor have a good offer on it.

I'm not sure if the phone will take a 4gb card - I thought there was a 3gb address limit restriction in place.

See: http://www.expansys.com/forumthread.asp?code=125173&thread=666
    I've just odered two w810i's from www.onedaymobile.ie - €287.09 each

Total 594.17 inc's two day delvery - €19.99.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054992637

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Generally it's a good phone. It's easy to use and the picture quality is excellent. However, the stick used for navigation is not so great. The responsiveness has gotten steadily worse in mine (I've had it for four months) and the same has happened to a friend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Also, the quality of photographs taken in the dark is not great, but you can buy an add on flash. On the upside, the battery life is great. O2 are running some deals on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭DamoKen

cheers for all the replies guys. @melekalikimaka wow great shot! didn't think it was possible to get detail like that with a mobile camera, especially in that light. Did you apply any settings for that, iso etc or is it all point and click?
    silvine wrote:
    However, the stick used for navigation is not so great. The responsiveness has gotten steadily worse in mine (I've had it for four months) and the same has happened to a friend.

I'd read about that on a few other reviews as well, the one thing that was bothering me. Is this an issue with the W810i ? from the photos the navigation stick looks like it protrudes a lot less. From whats been said here I think I'd be leaning toward the w810i. Cheers for the link btw Breadboard. Would the picture quality of the W810i be comparable with the W800i, is it essentially just an upgrade to it?

Advertisement