Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter McGee

Options
  • 21-09-2006 1:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

would anyone have a phone number for Peter McGee in Newport. I'm looking for a nice English Side by Side.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

You'll find it in the "Irish shooters digest" he normally has an advert in there. I'm at work so i can't check my copy.

what are you thinking of buying? My brother has a beautiful AYA no2 english stock. Definately to be recommended, even though is is spanish made.

Hezz.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭fathersymes

Not sure what make i'm getting yet but most probably it would be a 16b. I use a 12b for clays and ducks etc. Want something nice and light and would be concerned about having both 12&20b's in the same house! I remember McGee had a lovely Westley Richards 16b a few years ago at the Birr game fair, sorry I didn't buy it then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

phone 0481247 fax 098 41785 mble 086 2521974
    Good guy to deal with.Bought my 20GA/22mag off him a few years back :)

• Registered Users Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Hezz700

Not sure what make i'm getting yet but most probably it would be a 16b. I use a 12b for clays and ducks etc. Want something nice and light and would be concerned about having both 12&20b's in the same house! I remember McGee had a lovely Westley Richards 16b a few years ago at the Birr game fair, sorry I didn't buy it then.

I had a 686 20b in my gun cabinet for awhile and the normal practice was to keep the 12 and 20b ammo in 2 different locations to avoid confusion.;)

Good call, i would not not be adversed to adding a Westley Richards(or a pair) to the armoury myself. but i ust could'nt afford it.:(

Hezz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭Double Barrel

Fathersymes,

249821010_a75df451b2_m.jpg

I handled this gun a fortnight ago, the bores are in excellent condition and it locks up like a bank vault. The gun overall is in excellent condition - the drawback , it is for sale in the states. A very nice Westley in my favorite gauge. I almost brought it home but the cost of a restock just put it out of bounds. :D

Why are we ruled by this *#@#&*% travesty - I for one do want to "roll my/our own" cartridges, especially 16 bore. :confused:

Westley Richards - Droplock, 16ga, 29", IC/F, extractor, grip is open - similar to a Woodward POW grip except rounded, leather pad, 80+% case color, 98% barrel blue, wood finish & checkering, clean, period case. A very solid 6 lbs gun.

$ 13995.00 = € 10,941.23
    http://www.connecticutshotgun.com/guns/8696.htm

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,843 ✭✭✭Clare gunner

DB,
    If you are looking for a good supplier of 16GA cartridges try Frankonia in Germany.16GA is as common as muck in Germany,and proably moreso than 20 GA.Last time I looked Frankonia had about six brands of 16GA.

BTW anyone got an idea of a good price to pay for A Merkel O/U 12 or 20 GA??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Don't think they will ship ammo to Ireland...... :(

Thanks for the links Rovi,
    Good reading. Quite a gun.
    Whoever lights off the four bore will no doubt need a stiff pick me and end up telling tall tales around the fire.
    At 24 lbs plus cartridges = 32 lbs.....One would need all of that weight to help absorbe some of the recoil. The .465 looks like a toy compared to the four bore.....a 28 or 32 guage next to a 10 bore.
    .465's & 4 bore 4-bore-part2-p2p10v5no5.jpg Stopping Power.

An old friend carries a Butch Searcy .375 H&H or a .470 nitro express on his daily forays as a agronomist in the back country of Kenya. The Searcy double rifle is well made, accurate, quick handling, solid and affordable ...as DR's go .

Good luck

• Advertisement

You are right CG...the Deutschlanders favor the 16 as an allrounder.
    You may find a few Merkel 201E's in 16 ga. ;) :cool:
    Franconia is still growing..eh.. are they expanding eastward toward St. Petersburg?

Advertisement