Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Goalkeeping options for Ireland

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

finnpark wrote:
    Errr....we only have one player and hes injured. Name them. Please don't say Kevil Kilbane :o
    Given, Duff, Keane, Finnan, Dunne are all more than good enough for international football.

I fail to see what's funny about the Eircom League not being good enough for international football and the rest of the squad not being either. When it comes down to it, they are closer to being there than the majority in the Eircom League.
    finnpark wrote:
    Players go there to retire. You forgot to mention Ritchie Baker who played for New England - can't make Shels team right now.
    What I do find funny though is people passing judgements on leagues that they know very little about.

It wouldn't be like an Eircom League fan to do that now would it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

finnpark wrote:
    Players go there to retire. You forgot to mention Ritchie Baker who played for New England - can't make Shels team right now.

Didn't watch the Derry game on Monday no? Pretty sure he played (badly). He didn't make much of an impact over in the states.

Do you, in all honesty, think the Eircom League is of a better standard than the MLS?
    What I do find funny though is people passing judgements on leagues that they know very little about.

It wouldn't be like an Eircom League fan to do that now would it ;)
    Don't generalize.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,908 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

finnpark wrote:

I seem to remember Curtis Fleming, an Irish international, coming to Shels before retiring so it happens in any league.

If you bothered to look into any of the MLS players or teams you would know that everything about the set up over there is significantly higher than what we have over here.

Also, a large proportion of the USA national team comes from their own league, how many eL players were in the Irish squad that didn't qualify for the World Cup? Therefore logically the standard of MLS players is of World Cup standard whereas eL players can't even make a poor squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Don't generalize.
    I'm not, in fact I'm doing the complete opposite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I'm not, in fact I'm doing the complete opposite.

Ah right, think my sarcasm detector is broken and picking up signals from the wrong places now! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Umm i lived in US for 18 months and made a point of visiting my local franchise in MLS land, its ****ing shocking, the fact you mention all these good players makes it even worse.

General MLS game involves bad centre backs humping it forward and super fit players battling for the ball untilit comes to a european or mexican who can actualy play and he then does something which creates a goal chance.

USA are a solid well organised team which is how the MLS is, far from entertaining and far from decent football, would expect any decent EL team to thrash any MLS side, you would have to sit tru a few games to understand why jesus its bloody awful, fact they well paid players makes it borderline SPL but at least SPL has fans going for it.

OT Ryan best keeper in EL league, not better than Kenny or Kiely better than the rest tho, irrelevant to national team Colgan be in goal assuming previous 2 out.

kdjac

Advertisement