Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postal Problems

Options
  • 21-09-2006 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

I've just bought some kitesurfing gear from a shop in Holland. They shipped it with TPG Post (Dutch Postal Service - like An Post). They finally said that is was delivered on Friday, about 10 days late. It never arrived :mad:

So I started ringing around to find out what happened. Apparently they us a few Irish courier companies to deliver their parcels but no one at their call center could tell me which ones. An investigation has been launched and it could takes up to 3 months to find out what happened.

I think if I could contact the Irish courier service I could sort this out quite quickly. I've tried about 10 so far but no luck :(

I know this is an obscure question, but does anyone know which courier companies TPG Post use here?

Dave.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

TGP Post are part of TNT it looks like, have you tried contacting them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 daveof

Yeah - I've contacted TNT. Apparently they stopped handling TPG Post deliveries here a while back, even though they're the same company!

I spoke to a guy in An Post and they've been getting lots of calls about this but nobody knows who's handling TPG deliveries here.

There's nothing on the web about it. Still looking :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,787 ✭✭✭antoinolachtnai

Did you try to track down the dutch postal regulator? (I have no idea who this might be)

Also, try the european consumer centre, maybe they will have some ideas.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Have you tried Interlink Express - they handle DPD inbound so might be worth a shot...

Thanks for the suggestions!

So far I've tried
    - An Post
    - TNT
    - Parceline
    - Interlink
    - GLS
    - DHL
    - UPS
    - Nightline

Each one has suggested another courier but no-one seems to know who actually handles the deliveries. Amazing...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Try Securicor Omega, hope you get it sorted out.

They're been bought out by DHL. Thanks - I'll keep on looking....

Advertisement