Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Education Jobs

• 21-09-2006 2:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭

Is the education job market seasonal?

Just wondering if this is a seasonal area as I have recently been employed in an area in relation to the education job market and i am worried about job security and the success of the business.

Most schools have a full teaching staff, i'm guessing that most of them wouldnt start recruiting again till the end of the school year?

Id really like to know your opinions on this issue.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭kittex

From what I've seen the bulk of vacancies pop up at the start or end of a school year. Many are advertised over the summer though.
    Supply jobs can pop up at any time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭tickledpinkfair

yeh thats the picture that Im getting myself thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Usually all the CVs arrive into schools in summer and at start of year but this year, they're flooding in every day, jobs situation is dire out there I'm afriad to say. Even had 85 applicants for a temp job for 8 hours only and these were good people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 mgmt_crisis

i see that these issues were posted two years ago, do people still feel that there are no jobs out there? ive been logging onto www.educationcareers.ie in the last few weeks and they seem to have a good few jobs advertised, mostly second level though. I'm after an art teaching position and there are only two jobs listed on this site non of which are for third level which is where id prefer to be working after getting an MA!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

i see that these issues were posted two years ago, do people still feel that there are no jobs out there? ive been logging onto www.educationcareers.ie in the last few weeks and they seem to have a good few jobs advertised, mostly second level though. I'm after an art teaching position and there are only two jobs listed on this site non of which are for third level which is where id prefer to be working after getting an MA!!! :(

Check all of the links in the sticky for educational jobs.

I used loadzajobs.ie when I was searching. Its the Irish Indo jobs section basically and it has plenty of education jobs. If you set up an email alert for exactly what you're after, you'll get emails as soon as a suitable job is advertised.

• Advertisement
Advertisement