Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Children of Men tomorrow night?

Options
  • 21-09-2006 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭

Given the generally atrocious weather outside and the fact that nobody really replied in the other thread, does anybody want to go see Children of Men tomorrow night? There's no timetable out yet but it'll probably be on in the Gate at 9:15-9:30. We could meet up in the Classic (or the Franciscan Well) about 8:30 for a quick drink, see the movie and maybe squeeze in one more quick drink before heading to Purgatory?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

I am a yes! Hazzah! Was actually gonna wait til next week but I've nought else to be doing so why the hell not :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭trixter

I'll be there, since I have been to the classic, and havent yet been to the franciscian I vote for the franciscian well :) But will meet everyone else where they actually decide.

Its my understanding that the franciscian well is east a bit from the gate, is that correct? Or is it the white building across the river from the gate? The white building didnt seem to live up to the hype based on appearances, so I dont think that is it, but maybe I am wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

It's not the white building.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

i Might go, im workin til nine and i dont know if ill have my motorbike w/ me in town or not. ill know by lunch tomoz

Across the river from the gate and err...west? Yeah, west I think. Look, just turn left after you cross the bridge and wander til you see the well. Otherwise one of us can collect you at the gate. Jesus I wouldn't want to be taking directions from me!

• Advertisement

Across the river from the gate and err...west? Yeah, west I think. Look, just turn left after you cross the bridge and wander til you see the well. Otherwise one of us can collect you at the gate. Jesus I wouldn't want to be taking directions from me!

Yeah I meant west. I saw a truck today from there stop about 20 doors down from the corner, my guess is that is about where it is. I specifically looked cause the other night I walked down to find it and stopped about 5 doors from where it was, the area looked too residential.

I am in some ways still used to america where its generally illegal to have a pub that close to houses. Here its grounds to raise the rent :)

So we're meeting in the Well at what time? Children of Men appears to be on at 9.15 in the Gate btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Say 8:15? The cinema could be busy so we might have to get there earlier.

Coolies. Be in the pub by half past at the latest so :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I'm going to be stuck in work late so it looks like I might miss the movie :( If you guys head on without me I might be able to catch up after the movie. I'm not 100% sure when I'll get out of here so I might still get to the cinema on time.

PMs sent.

• Advertisement

I will be there, black shirt, blue jeans, and the ever so obvious one hand. Now that I dont have blue hair that is the only sure fire way to pick me out of a crowd. Since I have only met blitzkreiger so far, and it appears that he is gonna be kinda late, others will have to look for me.

Either a pint of stout or a cigarette in hand, depending, although that is less than a helpful description :)

You met me too, twit :D Keep an eye out for a short denim-clad redhead. Should still be in the pub from about half 8.

You met me too, twit :D Keep an eye out for a short denim-clad redhead. Should still be in the pub from about half 8.

I didnt know that was who you were! ok I know who to look for now :)

I am walking out the door now, so I should be there in under 5 minutes, although if you are reading this then odds are I will get there first, if you arent its a useless post :P

-- you refers to anyone who is going which hopefully we can scare the gate sometime with 50-60 of us showing up all at the same time!

Advertisement