Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Diving - Costa del Sol

• 21-09-2006 3:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

I'm looking at booking a course with Scuba Tours in Benalmadena Costa, Spain. Has anyone heard of them - good or bad? Do you have any other recommendations in the Sanpedro - Malaga area? Ta!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭seadeuce

Did one dive with them, they're okay if you are starting out as the diving in that area is mostly on sand.

I didn't feel it worthwhile to pay for another dive there.

In Spain there is good diving in Estartit on the east coast, or down in Gibraltar - nice wrecks etc.

Don't have any recommendations in that area sorry.

Seadeuce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 ronanm98

Hi,

I am also going over to Malaga, near Mijas Costa, Have no idea of that area but would to get a couple of dives in.

I have heard that diving there is not great as it's sandy but Gibraltar seems to be quite good.

Are you interested in getting together to dive there! Going on Oct 4 until Oct 11.

Cheers R.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭scubagit

Hi Ronan,
    Check out www.one2onediving.com
    Dived with them a few times in the last year or so and found the guys to be top notch. They are a based at the Holiday Village hotel between Benalmadena and Fuengirola, so it's just up the road from Mijas. The owner/head instructor name is Chris Drummond (sound bloke and mad as a brush).
    Anytime I was in spain the weather was a bit to windy in Gibraltar Tarifa, but they informed me that it's well worth the effort getting there when it's calm.
    From what Chris told me, the diving in Benalmadena itself is rubbish (poor vis etc), so he normally took me to Nerja which is about 45 mins drive away (they will pick you up from your hotel by the way) and the diving there was pretty decent with plenty of fish life/octopus and even sunfish on one dive.
    From talking to Chris, he seems like a good instructor and not a pay money = pass the course merchant, so you will be in good hands.
    They only bad thing I can say about diving there is the price (approx €100 for a days diving), but apparrently the diving operators there have huge overheads and insurance to cough up for as well as having to buy licences to dive indevidual sites. Tell him Alan Duffy sent ye.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 hiltonpippa

hi

personally i have never heard of them, however i was diving also with one2onediving. i completed my padi with them and had a fab time. went to a place called tarifa little bit of a drive very good visibility and saw lots of fish!
    hope this helps

pippa:D

13_adi_13 wrote:
    I'm looking at booking a course with Scuba Tours in Benalmadena Costa, Spain. Has anyone heard of them - good or bad? Do you have any other recommendations in the Sanpedro - Malaga area? Ta!

Advertisement