Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

I Am Delighted

Options
  • 21-09-2006 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭

From Breakingnews.ie

Luas crash taxi driver fined €1200
    21/09/2006 - 15:53:28

A taxi driver has been fined €1200 after being convicted of careless driving and breaking a red light.

The incident occurred in February after the taxi crashed into a Luas tram and another car at the junction of Blackhall Place and Benburb Street.

There have been 15 road accidents involving the Luas to date, the majority of which occurred at signalled junctions.

Veolia Transport, the company which operates the Luas, has welcomed the decision and is appealing to other motorists not to break red lights.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:)

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Grudle

It's about time they started pushing for action like this. The best way to make people take notice is to hit them in the wallet where it hurts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

I have ill humour when it comes to speed cameras, but I'd be REALLY happy to see more red-light cameras and bus-lane cameras being deployed

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭SonOfPerdition

franksm wrote:
    I have ill humour when it comes to speed cameras, but I'd be REALLY happy to see more red-light cameras and bus-lane cameras being deployed

agree with you completely. Because i usually get to filter to the front of trafffic at lights, i see how often red lights get jumped. And i reckon its gotta be over 50% of the time. A cyclist narrowly avoided being mashed a couple of weeks ago, the car driver started yelling at the cyclist until i pointed at the lights and pointed at her to make her aware i saw her jump the lights.

funnily, the cyclist never batted an eye . . he just carried on ... and he jumped the next set of lights himself! :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

prospect wrote:
    taxi driver fined €1200

My heart bleeds :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 991 ✭✭✭endplate

Ah he'll make it back in a saturday night:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭jayok

endplate wrote:

No he won't - he'll make it back on his next tax return! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

endplate wrote:

:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭11.3 SECONDS

Red light running is just too frequent. I'm amazed that more people are not killed by this practice or should I say custom.

Saw a blonde doing the red light against her thing whilst turning across the junction outside Vincent's hospital whilst simultaneously talking on her mobile.

Such skill...............

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭11.3 SECONDS

prospect wrote:
    From Breakingnews.ie

Luas crash taxi driver fined €1200
    21/09/2006 - 15:53:28

A taxi driver has been fined €1200 after being convicted of careless driving and breaking a red light.

The incident occurred in February after the taxi crashed into a Luas tram and another car at the junction of Blackhall Place and Benburb Street.

There have been 15 road accidents involving the Luas to date, the majority of which occurred at signalled junctions.

Veolia Transport, the company which operates the Luas, has welcomed the decision and is appealing to other motorists not to break red lights.

Who was the DJ ? Sentences vary !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭Larry David

doing the red light against her thing

Does that even make sense?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,736 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Who was the DJ ? Sentences vary !!!
    A punishment should fit the crime not the judge on the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

I would say more cameras are needed for red lights but at the same time i dont think they should be automated as apposed to manned ones or at least not be on EVERY light as sometimes id run the lights but this is oly when im sure there is no1 around not even behind me and its like after midnight or something. And i dont see any harm in it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

I was pulled once for running a red light in Naas - before it got huge - at about 5 am on a Sunday.
    They boys were sitting there waiting for soemthing to happen, and were only too delighted. I just said " lads, its 5 in the morning, what's the big deal? I'm just trying to get home"

" A red light's a red light...blah blah blah" Notebook out.
    My passenger went ballistic and said in an agitated voice " You're harrassing us!"

The cop looked uncertain then waved us on.

Advertisement