Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cockroaches ?

Options
  • 21-09-2006 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭

Hey,

I am looking for some information. I am heading to new york in November and I have been looking at people's opinions on the place we're stayin in on tripadvisor.com.

Quite a few people were giving out that the apartments had cockroaches in them and now that has me terrified!! Are there certain times of the year that they do not be around!! For example daddy long legs only come out end of aug/start of sept or earwigs????

Can I buy anything that will repell them????

Shuddering something fierce here!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Is this a hotel that you are staying at that people are complaining about? There are different types of sprays but I am not sure how effective they are. The insect infestation company deals with them so I don't have to but we have had none in our apartment and we are at ground level.
    In order to aid cockroach control, keep everything clean like dishes, countertops and leave no food laying around. Keep rubbish out of sight and in secure refuse bags.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭d-redser

Its a block of apartments and some are rental apartments. Here is the link http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d307945-Reviews-Woogo_Central_Park-New_York_City_New_York.html

Should have looked at it beforehand but just found out about it.

So does time of year affect them? And would staying on a certain level e.g. ground level or high up help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They are around all the time! Keep the place clean & make sure food is kept covered up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

d-redser wrote:
    Its a block of apartments and some are rental apartments. Here is the link http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g60763-d307945-Reviews-Woogo_Central_Park-New_York_City_New_York.html

Should have looked at it beforehand but just found out about it.

So does time of year affect them? And would staying on a certain level e.g. ground level or high up help?

As mentioned, they are around all the time. They normally come through cracks in the wall or floor so I guess as high as you can get would be a help.

Advertisement