Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

website using MS Publisher problem

Options
  • 21-09-2006 4:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Right, I just made a website using MS Publisher. But whenever I upload the html index page to any server, even when I upload all the accompanying images as well to the same folder, they still appear as the empty boxes with red crosses.

Driving me nuts. Don't want to see an entire day of work wasted. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

There probably still linking as they where on your pc. instead of www.mysite.ie/picture.htm it saying c:/mysite/picture.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

Moving to webmaster/flash.

But while I'm here... some servers are case sensitive. So image.jpg won't load if the html is looking for Image.jpg, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

ScumLord wrote:
    There probably still linking as they where on your pc. instead of www.mysite.ie/picture.htm it saying c:/mysite/picture.htm

They are all in the same folder. I have made several websites this way in the past using Frontpage and no problem. But now with Publisher encountering this problem...

Right clicking on properties of all the boxes does not even give a file name of the missing picture - just "homepage.htm"...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,157 ✭✭✭Serbian

We will have to see code to fix this. Can you point us to where the site is hosted or post the contents of the index.htm file in [code] tags here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,886 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

when you save the file as html does it save the images in the same folder OR in a sub-folder ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement