Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom line test!

Options
  • 21-09-2006 5:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

I am a UTV internet coustomer and do not pay any line rental to eircom as far as i know (i dont get any bills from eircom). I requeated with UTV to be upgraded to quicksilver broadband and after a couple of weeks recieved a letter saying "Eircom have returned your order to us as your line is testing faulty" and eircom will not allow UTV to progress any further with the order. I was told by UTV to contact Eircom on 1901 and ask them to run a line test.

I rang eircom, and after a few calls and a long time on hold, i was finally told by the opperater that i was not an eircom coustomer and It was not there problem and to contact my service provider.

Do i need to be an eircom coustomer to have a line test run? And how do i go about doin so?

All help is greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

So are UTV your service provider, did you ever move from Eircom. I was under the impression that all Irish residential lines were(initially anyway) owned by Eircom. Do other ppl in your immediate area(on the road) have BB, is it available in your area. If not it would appear you are out of luck seemingly. Did you ask Eircom if you ordered your BB from them(became an Eircom customer) could you get BB. You could always try ringing Esat and see what they say.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

what is your dialup speed and how far from the exchange.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

Sponge Bob wrote:
    what is your dialup speed and how far from the exchange.
    Plus, did you try your number on the Eircom line checker? If so what result did you get?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 gavin1990

ya ,i moved from eircom over a year ago and now pay calls and line rental to UTV. i dont think anyone in my area has bb...as far as i know, if i check my number on the eircom line checker i get "pass but subject to conditions" or something like that. At the moment im using ISDN so my speed is a constant 64kbs or 128kbs depending on if i take up both lines. Anotherthing is i was asked by UTV today wat my DDI range was for my isdn. How do i find that?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

I got BB only recently and prior to getting it my line got the "pass but subject to conformation" but all was ok in the end so it is worth pursuing. Its a bit odd that Eircom were not a bit more helpful as I believe they are actively ringing customers who have left trying to woo them back. I'd try them again saying you want to sign up for one of their BB products. You will have to get your line downgraded from ISDN before you proceed. Can't help you with DDI range as I never had ISDN. Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

if you are on isdn then they will come out to fix the fault , an isdn also means your line is not split and will pass for bb after the fault is repaired.

eircom try not to fix normal lines but they do fix isdn ones

with isdn you have one line and minimum 2 or sometimes 3 numbers

ddi range is often the number you do know and the numbers above or below it , eg 50551 and 50552 .

Advertisement