Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Regional Broadband

• 21-09-2006 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭

Ordered regional broadband about 3 weeks ago, they said it would be two weeks before someone comes out and does the test. Still havn't heard from them at this stage. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with regional broadband - Good or Bad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭arctictree

Have regional broadband now for about a month.

They seem to have outages every now and then but otherwise seem OK.

Has anyone any comments about them??

A

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭arctictree

arctictree wrote:
    Have regional broadband now for about a month.

They seem to have outages every now and then but otherwise seem OK.

Has anyone any comments about them??

A

Hmmm.... no comments about them??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Mr_Man

Regional,

are the company behind the GBS I was involved with. After some initial teething problems things have been solid. The speeds, and pings are good, and they are always quick to respond to questions/problems.

It sounds as if they are busy at the moment, I'd suggest you send them a reminder that you are waiting.

HTH

M.

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sysmod

It looks like for Skype or webcam teleconferencing the least I should get is 2MB for 50 euro/mth inc VAT, which at 30:1 contention should give me a net 600Kb which is about five times faster than my current 128K Eircom ISDN.
    Anybody got any comments on their service in the South East, North Wexford if possible?

I found this old post:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054969257
    Broadband in Kilmacanogue
    "Using the 1mb package (35euro pm) from Regional Broadband in Kilmacanogue Co Wicklow. -- and testing at 0215hrs this morning - I get 138kbps download and 38.7kbos upload. At a contention ratio of 30 this seems very poor service for that ungodly hour. I use www.hosting365.com to test. Being doing so for past 2/3weeks and can only say I'm sorry I bought that webcam! Upload too slow to carry both speech and video most times."

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭VeeEmmy

They've got a number of signs on sticks on approaches to villages around here, so I'm wondering the same as the previous poster.

Where is their equipment located, if they are covering area along N11 between Gorey and Enniscorthy? What IS their coverage area? If it's on their website, I could't find it.

Their website is generally sparse with relevant info.

The website is also designed for ppl w/ broadband (or at least "good" speed). It's all in Flash and you can neither click on their email address nor highlight and copy it to send them an email in the places where their email address appears (particularly on the "contact us" page!).

Little things like those really put me off. Tells me they don't understand their potential customers' plights.

But if they can deliver a decent service, I'm interested. Nearly anything is better than "isdn."

I'd rather hear from other users than relying on any information the company would provide to me.

Has anyone responded to their recent "marketing campaign?"

Ban

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭Sysmod

I now have Eircom broadband on Tara Hill.
    Promised 1Mb, delivered 380kb download, 50kb upload
    Just now (22:28)
    http://www.irishisptest.com/runmyspeed.php
    gives 219Kb d/l, 59Kb u/l

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭JMURPHY3

Yeah they are offering it in Enniscorthy at moment.....I contacted them regarding a survey for our local area, will no more later today or start of next week...will keep you posted:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭JMURPHY3

Basically it is done like radio waves.They do a survey in your area then if the area is ok for signals.....a receiver is attached to your chimmney and is wired back into the house into a box which is attached to your wall and from there tehn you connect your pc to this box via a network cable...:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 ccnaman

would not recommend this ISP to anybody guys , i find them to be totally unhelpful once they get u in a contract , no where near the prescribed speeds u pay for and very poor costumer support , do yourself a favor and look at other options

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you have a specific problem that you need help with, start a new thread.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement