Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dealing with Lithuanian company..

Options
  • 21-09-2006 6:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭

Need to buy €10,000 worth of materials from a lithuanian company. Have never dealt with them and don't want to get stung.

How do I protect myself so that I get what I pay for?
    Do I have any rights if I don't get what I order?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

ever heard of flying there and collecting the stuff and payng them and shipping it yourself ????

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭whatsupdoc?

Ask your bank about a letter of credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 204 ✭✭serotonin_sam

Sponge Bob wrote:
    ever heard of flying there and collecting the stuff and payng them and shipping it yourself ????

I have S'bob and that was my intention. However, its too important not to think through a little further. It still leaves the question of how I pay them.

Furthermore, the nature of the product purchased could mean that I could potentially find that its not up to standard once its back in Ireland. I just want to find out what rights/entitlements I would have in this instance.
    Ask your bank about a letter of credit.
    Will do. Thanks for that.

Advertisement