Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rip my vinyl? (galway area)

Options
  • 21-09-2006 6:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

An album I've been trying to get my hands on for a while is only available on vinyl. http://www.rapassassins.f9.co.uk/index.html

Is there anyone in the galway area with a convenient setup that wouldnt mind helping me out? Those portable vinyl players are fine but I feel self-conscious when I'm out walking with it.

merlin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

What exactly are you asking for? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

merlin_bar wrote:
    Those portable vinyl players are fine but I feel self-conscious when I'm out walking with it.

merlin

Are you being funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TenLeftFingers

Hmm... yes, it's not very clear what I'm looking for is it. Apologies. I would like to get my vinyl recorded to mp3. I don't know anyone with a record player / PC setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭leche solara

There seems to be a lot of tracks downloadable from the site you mention.

There seems to be a lot of tracks downloadable from the site you mention.
    Yep, although the quality is pretty bad.

I'm loving the Norman Cook remix of Just Mellow.

• Advertisement

Cool, last time I checked they weren't there. I'm downloading them now. But I'd prefer to get a good recording. I'm considering buying a record player with a phono out, but it's a bit of a waste when I only have one record so far.

BaZmO, can you recommend some other artists since you seem to like that stuff. I got the Less Mellow EP when I was 13 in exchange for all my Jurassic Park cards :) Only started listening to it lately (I'm 27 now) and I luv this stuff.

Well it's funny that you mention Jurassic Park in your post cos a group that I reckon you'll like (if you don't like them already) is Jurassic 5. Check out the track Concrete Schoolyard on their J5 album. Their new song out at the moment is pretty cool too, and it's got a great video to go with it.

Also check out Naughty by Nature too, their stuff is very like that Just Mellow track. And you can't go wrong with The Roots.

Hope that helps.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Yeah, I can do that for you no problem. My needles are wearing a bit thin at the moment but still sound decent...
    wherabouts in Galway are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Fiddlesnap

Digable Planets. Doesn't get much better than that IMHO

I must have missed the notification email, I didn't realize people had replied since - sorry!

Cheers Bazmo, I'll definitely check those out. I've heard of them all but never actually listened so I'm looking forward to that.

tman, I'm in Galway City if your offer is still good?

• Advertisement
Advertisement