Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cordless Circular Saw

Options
  • 21-09-2006 6:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭

Thinking about buying a cordless circular saw and looking for advice from any carpenters or people who have used them. Looking at a 24V Bosch one. Using a 230v cheapy lidl one at the moment and looking for something a little better. I already have a 24v bosch jigsaw which I couldn't be happier with so I figure this may be worth the money too. It won't get tons of use but I'd like to have a decent saw when I need one. The no load speed of this is 3500rpm compared to 5200rpm on their 230v saw. Will that make a huge difference? Price isn't too bad as I don't need to get the charger or batteries.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOSCH-24V-GKS24V-Pro-Cordless-Circular-Saw-Power-Tool_W0QQitemZ150035608148QQihZ005QQcategoryZ20785QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

it all depends on what u want to cut with it.

U might be v disappointed due to lack of power

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I have only used one and TBH wasn't impressed at all with it, it stalled on 4x2.
    I have a 110v Makita and it cuts all day every day, Ok the kerf might be a little wider than a cordless but I can cut as long as I have power or a generator.
    A jigsaw is OK because the blade is so small frictional losses don't add up, but to spin a saucer sized blade through wood needs a little more power than the current batteries IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

Cheers for the info. Might just go for a 230v makita or similar in that case. Just thought the cordless would be handy to have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

Before u do have a look at the ones that you can get a long guide with for cutting 8*4 etc. They are V handy.

Hilti do them as do a number of others.

the other thing that is nice is to have th depth of cut adjustable

The other point is dont buy one that is too big unless u want it for weight training, check the poundage.

Advertisement