Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Perlico Broadband any comments

Options
  • 21-09-2006 7:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi ,
    I was wondering if anyone has switched to Perlico broadband and if so what is it like .
    Have you had any trouble as i am thinking of switching from Eircom.
    Regards
    Wellhung1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

DO NOT SWITCH.

I had digiweb for 2 years, only changed cause perlico are cheaper.

Worst thing I ever did, only have it 4 weeks, and reordered digiweb (dslxtra) today.

ATM, I'm gettings pings of 200+ on css, and my download speed is less than 300kbps.

Perlico also never even gave me a username and password, so I on a "temp" account, for 4 ****in' weeks. There a shower of pisswanks.

Cant WAIT to get good aul' digiweb back!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

BT are a better bet, see this

http://home.btireland.ie/echannel/BTres.portal?&_pageLabel=btres_page&_nfpb=true&homePage_actionOverride=%2Fpageflows%2Fhomepage%2FshowBroadbandTalkPage&_windowLabel=homePage

perlico will haggle and will then give you special rates on unusual countries if you call them a lot...eg lots of calls to Azerbaijani mobiles or something but otherwise I would look at that BT bundle

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tinker13

Can't describe how bad Perlico are to deal with. My BB and phone bills have gone UP from around €75 per month to €90+. Got caught with the 'unlimited' broadband promise which of course is very limited.
    Used Comreg's complaints procedure - registered complaint number etc. which Perlico are meant to respond to within 10 days. They totally ignored this and all Comreg can now do is issue stern letters...
    I'm now taking a case to the small claims court as Perlico are debiting my Credit Card every month although I have instructed them not to. ( Credit Card Companies can't stop DDs apparently). It's only a few hundred quid but I intend to pursue it anyway.
    My advice to anyone is DON'T TOUCH PERLICO WITH A 40FT POLE!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

I get atleast 5-10 sales per day from perlico customers switching to BT complaining about them constantly, lack of service, not actually providing broadband after delivering a modem or just simply providing dsl on the line with nothing to go online with and never sorting it out among loads of other things..

Though every provider has bad things happen, i would never touch them with a very large stick

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Dellas

My mates are with Perlico and have had no problems. The only problem Ive had is with being with BT , we are having serious speed problems at my office and the max speed comming back is 372k, its half the speed. A few months ago we kept having days when we had no BT broadband and had to switch back to Eircom. Today the internet speed with BT is a nightmare. I have been chasing them up for the last two weeks . Also I have BT for home and at the start I had major problems and made lots of calls each time typical wait time was 45 to 70 mins!!!

I recommended my collegue to switch to BT Talk Plus incl Broadband and she switched back in March and has still to recieve a bill but the money is comming out direct debit every two months and thats the first time she gets to see how much the bills are. She has called them 11 times requesting for the bills to be emailed or posted out to her and she still hasnt got them. Each time she calls they tell her that there is a problem with the system and that it has been reported to their tech dept!!! She asked for the girl on the other end of the phone in BT call center to confirm what option she was on and low and behold they signed her up for the wrong one charging her for the higher package. I was next to her when she signed up and so I heard what she asked for. I had the same experience when I first joined I asked for Talkplus but this wasnt activated and so I was charged for each call instead of unlimited calls under 1 hour for a one off payment.

BT are good if nothing goes wrong , but if you need to get onto customer services their admin and customer service depts need alot more staff and people to action issues asap.

The BT product is good and if they cut down on wait times and got their admin sorted it would be alot better.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Dellas wrote:
    I recommended my collegue to switch to BT Talk Plus incl Broadband and she switched back in March and has still to recieve a bill but the money is comming out direct debit every two months and thats the first time she gets to see how much the bills are. She has called them 11 times requesting for the bills to be emailed or posted out to her and she still hasnt got them.
    Have her log on to http://www.btireland.com/ and register her account there. She can view the last 3 bills online, and check what service she's on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭Foxwood

Dellas wrote:
    My mates are with Perlico and have had no problems. The only problem Ive had is with being with BT , we are having serious speed problems at my office and the max speed comming back is 372k, its half the speed.
    Have you checked your line statistics. If your line is in any way marginal you will not get your full DSL signal. This is an eircom problem, not a BT problem (so good luck getting it fixed).

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Tinker13 wrote:
    Can't describe how bad Perlico are to deal with. My BB and phone bills have gone UP from around €75 per month to €90+. Got caught with the 'unlimited' broadband promise which of course is very limited.
    Used Comreg's complaints procedure - registered complaint number etc. which Perlico are meant to respond to within 10 days. They totally ignored this and all Comreg can now do is issue stern letters...
    I'm now taking a case to the small claims court as Perlico are debiting my Credit Card every month although I have instructed them not to. ( Credit Card Companies can't stop DDs apparently). It's only a few hundred quid but I intend to pursue it anyway.
    My advice to anyone is DON'T TOUCH PERLICO WITH A 40FT POLE!!!

Here is a tip. If you want to stop DD's, ring up your CC company and say you lost your credit card. They will then put a stop of all activity on that CC. It can be a bit of a bother if you have lots of DD's set up with that CC as you then have to re-do the dd's you want to keep with the new credit card number although this just means ringing the service involved and giving them the new cc number. It will then be up to Perlico to ring you for the new number at which stage you can tell them, No I have cancelled that service. It may also cost about 20 euro for the new cc but it can be worth it just to be able to tell the ofending company to Piss Off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Is it really impossible to cancel a direct debit? I didn't think so. I believe all you have to do is send in a written letter saying you wish to cancel the direct debit. You might also be able to do it via online banking or phone banking depending on your bank.

If you send a written letter to BT and inform them that you revoke the permission you gave them to debit your account and they go ahead and debit it, you'd have grounds to bring em to the small claims court.

Either way, just ring your bank and cancel the direct debit. If your bank can't do it, something is amiss. There should be no need to cancel your credit card.

EDIT: I believe this would be relevant...
    Q. What is the Direct Debit Guarantee?

A. This Guarantee is operated by all banks and building societies that take part in the Direct Debit Scheme. The efficiency and security of the Scheme is monitored and protected by your own bank or building society.

If the amounts to be paid or the payment dates change, the organisation will notify you normally 10 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed.

If an error is made by the organisation or your bank or building society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid.

You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by writing to your bank or building society. Please also send a copy of your letter to the organisation.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Well it may not be impossible but it can be very, very difficult as I know to my cost as I once found myself in the same position as Tinker13. It was not a telecoms company so I will not mention their name here. A phone call to the CC company(which is part of the bank) was useless. They claimed once you signed up for a service via DD they could not cancel it, I had to get on to the other party involved in who's intrest it was'nt to cancel the service and t was a 12 month contract they were sticking to it even though I was not getting a satisfactory service at my end.

• Advertisement

Foxwood wrote:
    Have her log on to http://www.btireland.com/ and register her account there. She can view the last 3 bills online, and check what service she's on.

Yeah I did that already and there are no bills to download , thats the way I do mine i get an email saying my bill is ready to view and I go online and download it but she has nothing to download in hers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

escalate by detailed email to complaints@btireland.ie and tell us if that is any better at resolving the BT issue than phoning their wojious CS

Thanks I will get her to do it as its her account . I will be talking to her Monday again and will ask her whats the current situation. Just made me look bad as I recommended BT to her .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

A phone call to the CC company(which is part of the bank) was useless. They claimed once you signed up for a service via DD they could not cancel it
    Well, they were in the wrong there. You *can* cancel a DD at any stage. I believe i cancelled one last summer and all it took was a call to AIB and they said "no problem, it'll take 3-4 working days to go through" iirc. Either way, it was cancelled without a problem. Then the offending company tried to take money out of my account again (even though they well knew my service was cancelled etc) but because i had rung AIB they couldn't take the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Tinker13

I've cancelled my DD from a current account before. No problem. Seems to be different with my CC which happens to be with a different bank.
    The bank told me to put the request in writing to PERLICO which I did - they just ignored this. I can of cancel my CC but it's a lot of hassle.
    I can't believe that Perlico's customer service is so appaling and I'm looking forward to gettin g them into the small claims court - if they're still in business by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Never Ever Go Near Them Tossers<
    They Are The Worst Ever And I Mean Ever!

I HAVE NEVER DEALT WITH A COMPANY LIKE THEM BEFORE

PLEASE FOR YOUR OWN SAKE DO NOT GO NEAR PERLICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EVER

EVER

• Registered Users Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Tinker13 wrote:
    I'm looking forward to gettin g them into the small claims court
    Me too. This country needs more people like you. Let us know how you get on.

.cg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 wellhung1

Cheers i get the message

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Perli-crap

Don't go near Perlico unless you want have a few hundred euro to throw away on a p1ss poor service which you end up being overcharged for (in my opinion).

Perlico is NOT CHEAPER THAN EIRCOM when all is said and done.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

they held my line for 2 months after i cancelled,i couldnt re-order again of eircom till they released it,absolute shambles of a service!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 worsttelecoms

closed by account with perlico nearly a year ago and sill cannot get a correct final bill as they changed my phone tariff without telling - when I repoted it I was told ( for about 2+months ) I would get a refund then they just changed there mind - all those calls I made and they said they would call me back but didn't - I get emails about my
    bill every month but cannot access as I am no longer a customer - and now I'm getting threatening letters - telecoms companies seem to be a very bad in my experience but perlico brings the experience to a all time low -

• Closed Accounts Posts: 480 ✭✭Barlow07

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    BT are a better bet, see this

http://home.btireland.ie/echannel/BTres.portal?&_pageLabel=btres_page&_nfpb=true&homePage_actionOverride=%2Fpageflows%2Fhomepage%2FshowBroadbandTalkPage&_windowLabel=homePage

perlico will haggle and will then give you special rates on unusual countries if you call them a lot...eg lots of calls to Azerbaijani mobiles or something but otherwise I would look at that BT bundle

BT resell broadband to Perlico so its the same product like Eircom resell to BT, only difference is that they offer the service at different rates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

i want to get perlico just for the laugh to argue with the customer department :D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 dee_pinky

DONT SWITCH TO PERCILO!!!

What ever you do don't do it here's my story:

Perlico are robbers, Liars, and con artists. I have had the worst experience ever with them and I'm so out-raged!!!
    I received a letter today from Perlico's Solicitors to say that I have one week to pay €298.37 or ill be brought to court because the letters dated 5days ago I really have 2 days to pay this money which I do not owe them.

It all began in June 2006 (yes, I have been nearly two years dealing with this cowboys) when I signed up to perilco for phone and broadband after six weeks I had not heard from Perlico so I rang them, I was told there was no accounted of my account. They said they would have to re-order. So I signed up with them for the second time. Three days later I found a cheaper provider that was offering me a quicker connection, I decided to go with the other provider as I had already been waiting six weeks for Perlico to set up my broadband only to be told I had no account with them.

I told Perlico to cancel my order as I was aware that there was a ten day "COOLING OFF PERIOD".
    So I was advised by perlico that my order had been cancelled and I would not be charged.
    I went ahead and ordered with the other provider on the 11/07/2006, and then on the 18/07/2006 I received a letter from Perlico saying Welcome to Perlico on the same day I recieved a Welcome Letter from my current provider.
    I was worried so I rang Perlico again I was told to ignore the welcome letter, that my account was cancelled and I wouldn’t be charged.
    A few days later the other provider contact me saying my account number was rejected, I called perlico 11 times in relation to my account number and they insisted it hadn’t been changed, but it had!!!
    They had taken over my line I now needed a UAN number which I battled with many customer service people to get because this was stopping me from connecting to the provider I wanted to go with.
    Eventually I got this UAN Number on a bill from Perlico on 08/08/2006. This bill was for €88.20. After many phone calls to Perlico assuring me this charge should not have been billed to me I never received it in writing as I had requested many times. So sent them a long letter explaining everything and I requested the confirmed in writing I didn’t owe them any money. At this stage I got legal advice and was advised that I didn’t owe them any money.
    19/08/2006 my service from my current provider was activated (AT LAST). I thought the nightmare was over but NO IT WASN'T!!

08/12/2006 I got a bill from perlico for €188.45 charging me for phone calls that I made when I was with my new provider. This alarmed me I was paying my new provider, How did perlico even get access to my line to get a list of my Phone calls when my account was with some one else ROBBERS!!!!
    08/02/2007 a bill for €208.41 from perlico again with an ITEMISED BILL, HOW DID THEY ACCESS MY CALLS MY ACCOUNT WAS WITH ANOTHER PROVIDER???????
    08/05/2007 another bill for €238.38. During this whole period I was on the phone constantly to perlico trying to speak to someone who would stop this, no one rang me back ever and there was never a supervisor avaible to speak to me so I put it all in writing AGAIN and posted to them, NO REPLY!!!
    Since then I received FINAL Notice’s to pay and today 02/04/2008 I received a solicitor’s letter saying I owe Perlico €298.37. Immediately or they will issue legal proceeding and I will forced to pay there legal fee's and Interest.

I HATE PERLICO!!!!!!!!

I recommend Imagine Broadband to anyone, there the cheapest. And hassel free!

closed by account with perlico nearly a year ago and sill cannot get a correct final bill as they changed my phone tariff without telling - when I repoted it I was told ( for about 2+months ) I would get a refund then they just changed there mind - all those calls I made and they said they would call me back but didn't - I get emails about my
    bill every month but cannot access as I am no longer a customer - and now I'm getting threatening letters - telecoms companies seem to be a very bad in my experience but perlico brings the experience to a all time low -

They will bring u to court there doing it to me.:mad:

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

this thread is two years old, companys change alot in this time, this thread needs to die peacfully

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement