Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Spoiler- TNA "Big Surprise" for PPV

• 21-09-2006 7:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

Here it is below in white font from [url]www.wrestlingobserver.com:[/url]

The big surprise that will supposedly change the entire history and face of the industry that TNA is promoting for Sunday's PPV is the return of Vince Russo.

In a panic move driven by the decline in ratings (which has been across the board for every pro wrestling and MMA TV show and not specific to TNA), the company has hired Russo to join the booking committee. Russo will work with Dutch Mantel and Jeff Jarrett. Mike Tenay and Scott D'Amore have been taken off the committee. It's unclear where Jeremy Borash stands.

The company has given Russo guidelines that there can be no sleaze on its wrestling shows, whatever that is supposed to mean. The announcement will be made to the wrestlers over the weekend.

At this point it is unclear what this will mean as far as personnel, but there will likely be a shake-up there as well. At this point we have no indication that any major players will be quitting immediately over this, although some will likely not renew their deals. The announcement does kill dead the Bill Goldberg negotiations.

Poor TNA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Aw man! TNA plug this "big announcement" to hype up the ppv and all they can come up with is
    Russo
    ? Its gonna get worse before it gets better....:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Yes apparently they're going to change the face of the industry - by destroying their own company. Russo's presence will displease many in the company as Meltzer points out.

JR recently wrote (and I agree) that TNA should stop trying to copy the WWE and instead focus on wrestling. I guess that's not going to happen then.

I think TNA is finished if they bring in Russo. They haven't a clue how to book properly. They should be taking a leaf out of ROH's book.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Cant wait for the random title changes,swerves,angles being dropped etc.....:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Ah, **** that. Is there no way Cornette can be be put on the committee? Taking D'Amore off it has to be a bad move too. How can they think this is a good thing?! I can see a lot of their guys gettin pissed off at this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

hmmm I cant see this happening myself, does russo run a promotion called ring of glory? Lets hope he stays there. The state of TNA now is bad...things are set to get alot worse :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote:
    Ah, **** that. Is there no way Cornette can be be put on the committee?

Putting Cornette on the same booking committee with Russo would be so much fun. They really really hate each other.

Oh yeah, this was just reported on the torch board by editor of the torch Wade Keller (not known to be the most reliable):

Russo is NOT the big announcement, and I'm told by someone who knows what the big announcement is that it is HUGE. I do not know what it is, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Scroll over below to see the supposedly true big announcement:

The big announccement at this sunday's TNA PPV is supposed to be that TNA Impact will be changing its timeslot and will be going head to head with WWE RAW therefore starting another monday night war, of course we'll have to wait until sunday to find out if this is true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

That's an interesting move if it's true. I'd have thought they'd have their 2 hour show first of all before they tried going head to head with Raw though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭FX Meister

It's Kirk Angle you dim wits

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭J.R.HARTLEY

why would they promise a big surprise and then 10 seconds later advertise on the screens that Kurt Angle was coming and ruin the surprise

• Advertisement
Advertisement