Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dutch

Options
  • 21-09-2006 8:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

Does anybody know where I can study this? I've heard it's a LC subject

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

im almost certain that dutch will be examined at international standard. therefore fluency is expected. this applies to the new eastern languages that were also examined for the first time last year(excluding russian )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭NADA

I don't know if this is a leaving Cert subject but if you are interested I think it would be a great idea to learn it if you have experience with German. The two languages are very similar grammatically.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭Seinas

you can find the exampapers on http://www.examinations.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

Actually all EU languages can be studied as a LC subject becos some EU law forces the government to allow so. Good news for any of our immigrant students from Poland, Estonia, Latvia etc. Easy points

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

Donm't expect ti to be easy even if you speak Dutch. If I recall correctly, the EU languages are heavily based on the European baccalaureate exams.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭bright

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭phenomenon

bright wrote:

nice one lol nothing beats standing out in a field freezing your árse while downing cans of cheapo dutch gold

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

You can do it on the condition you're a native speaker. You will not be permitted to sit it unless you're fluent. I'm doing Finnish that way. It's based on the IB and is about 6 hours long. You study literature and write essays. They've just updated them and they're now an absolute b!tch so do not attempt it unless you're certain you could complete the whole LC Higher English syllabus in Dutch. I'm terrified and I can speak(every day at home), read and write but because I've had no formal Finnish education in 2 years I'm scared I'll only get like a C. It used to just be one essay until this year.

You'll have to find your own teacher. Go to St. Andrew's if you want to study it as they're an international school and offer the option to study your mother tongue if your parents work for the EU Commission. You can tag along if you're lucly enough to have other people whose parents are working there too, even if yours aren't.

Advertisement