Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remenents Of Hurricane Gordon Over Ireland.

Options
  • 21-09-2006 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭

Continue here.

Comments

Well we have a big powercut down here already.
    But I'm back on the air thanks to the farm generator \o/
    The whole countryside is in the dark here except for my floodlights :D

The wind is gusting frequently above 40mph now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Gust to 42mph, mean 20mph.

Remember yesterday had gusts to 52mph and mean of 32mph.

Just got weather display live back up

http://arklow.741.com/live.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Trogdor

Was windy eralier Wind has died down a bit here now. Is there much rain forecast for here tonight or is it mostly the west. Pressure down to 985.4mb.
    When i was out at the seafront about 20 minutes ago.i saw a big freight ship, which is not unusal. But after a while i realized he was trying to head south down the irish sea towards the storm. The captain must be a complete nutter. He made no progress that i could see. Anyone that could leave port with a forecast like that must have a completely nuts. some really big waves out there tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Don't think there's much in the way of rain for the east: http://www.wetterzentrale.de/pics/MT8_Dublin_ens.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭Darwin

Some really severe wind gusts here in Laois at the moment. I would say something in the region of 60mph or more (the weather station only samples every 3 mins, so not great for accuracy)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Highest gust only 25mph so far.

Snowbie wrote:
    Highest gust only 25mph so far.
    I reached 31 mph about an hour ago but has died down significantly since then.

Ok 30mph now.Starting to pick up.Dublin is about 50 mins behind the tightening of the gradient over the lads in Wicklow.What they are gusting down there we are experiencing here about 50mins to an hour later.

38mph

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I'm over looking Roche's Point in Cork Harbour and the wind has just started to pick up here in the last 20 minutes or so with some serious gusts when raining.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

It has certainly picked up in Dublin now.
    I'm in the attic and there seems to be small pebbles flying at the roof.

Mean 25 Gust 44mph

trogdor wrote:
    Was windy eralier Wind has died down a bit here now. Is there much rain forecast for here tonight or is it mostly the west. Pressure down to 985.4mb.
    When i was out at the seafront about 20 minutes ago.i saw a big freight ship, which is not unusal. But after a while i realized he was trying to head south down the irish sea towards the storm. The captain must be a complete nutter. He made no progress that i could see. Anyone that could leave port with a forecast like that must have a completely nuts. some really big waves out there tonight
    Wind has come up again here now. Just witnessed two flares out over sea must be the poor divles stuck in it. God help them

Gust 50mph...

Avg 25mph
    Gusting over 36mph consistenly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

Pelting rain in limerick now

Winds picking up also

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Fairly blowy outside but not much rain here in Dublin.

Think we've dodged a bullet here tbh, main rain is out west where the wind isnt so bad.

Without the rain its missing something, but the wind is kewl - outside the air smells like christmas trees!

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Very breezy here, only came to the forum as it hit the house unexpected (like a large bang). Trees are fairly moving but apart from that one hit nothing serious yet.
    Wind has come up again here now. Just witnessed two flares out over sea must be the poor divles stuck in it. God help them

Hope you called the lifeguard.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Alarm city at the moment. :)

• Advertisement

Woah, it's smoking down south. Missed this one Somewhere off the south coast.

Marathon
    62023 21 Sep
    19:00 51o 24'N
    7o 54'W 978.1 252 53 gust 73

That's in knots

• Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Getting very heavy here now with small power outages, nearly 60 here i'd say. (Blessington)

Witnessed a very bright flash over the coolock area,not lightning but something has gone bang over there.
    Pressure 984.1mb
    Avg 26mph
    Gusting up to 37mph.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Acerferrari3200

This web-page updates automatically at 15 minutes past the hour to display the most recent readings from the road sensors usually taken on the hour

http://www.nra.ie/RoadWeatherInfo/Map/data/htm/WeatherTable.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

Wind has substantially picked up last 20 mins or so.

No rain but the trees are definately having a hard time and the bloody neighbours alarm keeps sounding because of the fupping wind!!, i'm going to go commando if the fecking thing doesnt stfu soon.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

My anemometer is well away from the house and missed a gust that made the house creak. I'd say 55+mph.

Plenty of gusts nearing 50mph but nothing recorded above it yet.

S***, power's gone :mad:

Looks like my weather station will be off line.

I'll update a couple times before midnight.

I may even get the gennie going to charge up the laptap...

Power always goes here at a hint of a gale. :mad:

Quite stormy!

Gusting above 40mph all the time now and remember that wind vain is on the ground

The ESB have been out here and apparently a tree has fallen on a transformer up the road and thats why we have the power cut.

They say its too dangerous to fix untill the morning.

All hail the farm generator \o/ \o/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 kaizer

Saw the local bbc forecast earlier up north Angie Phillips sayin strongest winds for east up Irish sea with Co Down in firin line for flooding as it will be high tide.

just got a gust of 49mph

• Advertisement

Winds like a yoyo atm.Then a gust nearly whips you off your feet.

Advertisement