Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remenents Of Hurricane Gordon Over Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Drogheda has had severe wind for the last 3 to 4 hours. We're talking patio furniture and wheelie bins going for a hop. My rather unscientific alarm clock is reading a pressure of 984 and dropping.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

well, its really really windy here in dunlaoghaire. so i'll go with bad sea and no ferry crossings!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

We lost power in Tullow around 6pm and won't have it back until tomorrow, I drove to Naas and came across a very large tree down just after Cookstown. Power is gone in the K CLub too!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Power out for 20mins in North east meath/boader Louth.

EDIT: Lol at ryder cup :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

jd wrote:
    Nopw,mm anyone know a web cam?
    One ofd Liffey
    http://www.ireland.com/liveviews/liveviews/
    and still 2 hrs to high tide

thanks jd. I think the wind is the wrong direction from Dun Laoghaire but I guess its worth a look. Ill take a camera with me and take a video and post it if there is anything.

• Advertisement

delly wrote:
    Drogheda has had severe wind for the last 3 to 4 hours. We're talking patio furniture and wheelie bins going for a hop. My rather unscientific alarm clock is reading a pressure of 984 and dropping.

Yeah, I live very close (Mornington) Stupid bin day tomorrow too :( All over the place I'd say, but I aint opening the door to check!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

Do you think RTE deliberately put Twister on tonight:D
    I was just thinking the same thing.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭mike2084

No significant wind here of any description. But the rain has been torrential it has rained for 36 hours non-stop. One stage my Sky signal was knocked out for 20 minutes by the sheer force of the rain about 8pm. Manholes up the street are bursting open due to water pressure. I think our race meeting is finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

No significant wind here of any description. But the rain has been torrential it has rained for 36 hours non-stop. One stage my Sky signal was knocked out for 20 minutes by the sheer force of the rain about 8pm. Manholes up the street are bursting open due to water pressure. I think our race meeting is finished.
    no rain around the east but the west is getting hammered.

Getting back up near 50mph again here
    last gust 46mph at ground level

Power heres been off since 7pm.

Just filled the tractor running the generator with a 5 gallon drum of diesel.

All hail the farm generator (again) \o/ :D for keeping me on the air...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Not much wind here anymore, except for the odd gust.

Tristrame wrote:
    Getting back up near 50mph again here
    last gust 46mph at ground level

Power heres been off since 7pm.

Just filled the tractor running the generator with a 5 gallon drum of diesel.

All hail the farm generator (again) \o/ :D for keeping me on the air...

Ohhhh! Fancy pants :D

• Registered Users Posts: 15,947 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Ok Everyone:

"All Hail Tristame's Farm Generator"

PS. I hope you have surge protection on your pc

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

Not so bad in Leixlip. Just windy. Not rainy.
    Blackrock has fallen branches, really windy, very hard to open car doors.
    Apparently M50 is very windy.

Edit: Wind just picked up now in Leixlip. VERY windy now.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

Limerick Update: Trees down due to wind in Adare and major flooding on the Ballysimon Road

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Wertz wrote:
    Getting stronger by the minute... a few of the last gusts have shook the house.

It's getting bad alright, fence out the back is taking a pounding, lights have flickered a few time too. Trees down on roads round the Carrickmacross (Co.Monaghan) area.

Damomanye wrote:
    Limerick Update: Trees down due to wind in Adare and major flooding on the Ballysimon Road

Whats the flooding caused by?

high tides? wind blowing river water onto roads? burst mains?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Charging the laptop battery now, so remaining on line for now.

Unfortunately I can't hear cause the gennie is outside the window.

While I was out the mean went up to 35mph with a gust to 54mph.

But since mean has dropped to 29mph

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Ah we're in for a blackout here. Street lights just went off.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

Just back from bringin the dog for a walk.A few small branches down and the gutter off the local shops.
    It was strong to walk in and a lot of grit blowing in the wind.Blinded by it.

Presure rising now.
    Winds have eased somewhat.
    And are veering SSW atm.

Hail all farm generators.

• Advertisement

Me gotsta get a generator, and some kind of powerless internet energy source

• Registered Users Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭SpitfireIV

Seems to have died down here in Carlow town, still windy but nothing like it was 1-2 hours ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭Damomanye

Whats the flooding caused by?

high tides? wind blowing river water onto roads? burst mains?
    I dont know , but the Brigade are out there at the moment. We just made it through it in our small fiat..a hariy situation with the brigade looking at us thinking.."What the Ell are they thinkin..?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

Is it over for the S, SW.

Or will it pick up again over night

Just when you think it's dying down, it rears up again. Mean 34mph, with a recent gust to 54mph.

Laptop battery 42% and rising ;) otherwise it's pitch black. Going to get an extension cable though to move the gennie far away so I can hear the wind.

Wind is now veering sw and we've just breeched the 50mph barrier-a new record here and thats with the anemometer only 6ft off the ground

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭boardsdotie

The Marathon gas plant http://www.xcweather.co.uk/?Loc=GB South of ireland got the strongest wind speed tonight at 20:00 98kph.

For me in Limerick 54kph was the highest wind reached pretty much a non event here.

Bring on Helene next week

Mothman wrote:
    Laptop battery 42% and rising ;) otherwise it's pitch black. Going to get an extension cable though to move the gennie far away so I can hear the wind.

LoL - thats how you're doing it...

Our hands are to heaven here

All hail the generator \o/ :D

Tristrame wrote:

Not over by a long shot with your 50mph gust.

It's no where near as blustery now though wind is still as strong.

• Advertisement

Barometer rising very fast.

Now almost 991mb

Thats a rise of almost 4mb/hr

Advertisement