Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online company won't respond to emails.

Options
  • 21-09-2006 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Hey.
    Just looking for some advice here.

I bought some items from an online company. Items were received on time, but there was one item missing.

I have emailed the company at their three email addresses that they provide on their website, and also on the relentless spam that they send me since then. (i.e. 'If any queries or issues, pls email sales@.....)

They do not reply. I got one automated reply off one of the email addresses once, with a load of crap, but none relevant to my problem.

I do have a phone number for them, but it's charged at a higher rate, and I object on principal to ringing a company on a higher charged rate for a problem that they caused.

Any advice on this? Are they obliged to be contacted by email if all previous communication was on line? Am I obliged to ring them? Is there a company I can complain to about this?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭vms7ply9t6dw4b

When you want your missing item bad enough you'll ring the high rate number and they know that, thats why they arent replying to your emails. Your "principals" are the only thing preventing you from getting your problem sorted though. Ring it from work or somwhere if you feel that strongly about it but i'd have called them first instead of emailing if there was a number provided its too easy to hide behind an email address and make up excuses

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Just put your principals aside, there are a number of companies who do this. Annoying as it is, sometimes you just have to call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Caryatnid

Thanks for the advice guys.
    I don't need to ring from work (I mean, it's not that I don't want to pay the money, it's that I don't think they should get money for fvcking up).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,632 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I presume they're based in ireland? You can find out from the CRO and other sources their registered address and phone numbers etc.

As a general rule I would stay clear of companies that have premium rate numbers as their contact numbers tho!

Advertisement