Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Power outage around Dublin?

Options
  • 21-09-2006 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,253 ✭✭✭

Just got a call that parts of the city center have lost power. Anyone in the dark (and have a laptop with a usb modem :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH. Hope your battery is good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

No we're ok on northside. The wind is mental though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bill Andrex

Aye a few people have been hit. A mate of mine dropped in the middle of a Clan match, nearly cost us the match :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

ballybrack, loughlinstown and parts of shankill are out, its madness on the roads as well, was driving by the beacon in sandyford 45 mins ago and there are a few trees on the road.
    wheelie bins in the middle of my road look funny though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Still got our power here, very very windy though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭shell022

In raheny,
    Very very window. tv going a bit wonky every now and then but still have power..for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭abelard

I'm fine out in Booterstown \o/
    Scarily strong wind though

I'd agree with scary. i'm in the attic i'm getting no sleep tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Pricey

Out in portmarnock, wind is mad, but liking the sound the chimney makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Heyes

all okay in goatstown, VERY windy though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Still got power out here in Rush but the lights have flickered a couple of times.

The wind is mental.I fully expect to wake up in the morning and be staring straight up at the sky!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

all well in templeogue.

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Cal

Looked out within the last hour. As I looked a branch came down (Bottom of South Avenue). Great fireworks for a few seconds as the power lines were pulled down. Seems that only the traffic lights are out now. Also the bottom of South Ave is impassable due to the wires accross the road.

A bit wild out tonight:D

Cal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 shepherd

Sutton here. Power generally up, but lights flashing a fair bit. Maybe its just the line into my house here.

But whats really startin to drive me demented is the unstable power is setting off my alarm every few minutes. And its not even set. I think it must be some sort of anti-tamper feature.

Ill be at it with the screwdriver / sledge-hammer if it doesnt stop!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 ast

Still have power in Ranelagh, no flickering lights even. I hope I still have a roof in the morning.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Power is OK so far in Clonsilla, but the lights are flickering a lot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭abetarrush

Whats with the traffics lights goin off all d time?

All over d shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

its all good out here in walkinstown, VERY VERY windy! was walking on the greenhills road earlier and nearly got blown away, and i'm not small. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Power is fine out in Lucan. It's windy, but I've seen much windier. That said. our house is quite sheltered - the rest of Lucan is quite flat and exposed. I'd say the N4 and M50 are a blast right now.

its actually quitened down a fair bit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭ST

shepherd wrote:
    But whats really startin to drive me demented is the unstable power is setting off my alarm every few minutes. And its not even set. I think it must be some sort of anti-tamper feature.

Ill be at it with the screwdriver / sledge-hammer if it doesnt stop!!

When was the battery last replaced in the Alarm panel? The battery should be replaced every 5 years. The battery should take over in the event of a power cut, and the alarm shouldn't go off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Darcy16

My Mate said the lights on the M50 were down from Ballinteer to Tallaght

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

I got to climb over fallen trees to get into work today. WOOHOO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

would this be the big tree uprooted down by the canal? had to climb over that one. was very dangerous..one wrong step n you cud end up in the canal!! :eek: but i do love a bit of excitment n danger in the morning hehe felt sorry for all them women in heels tho havn to climb over!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

I counted four trees knocked down along the canal between Rathmines and the canal basin. Crazy stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,992 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Work colleague from Lough Shinney? lost power last night and some friends of mine from Terenure were without power last night as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭daiixi

fifib wrote:
    would this be the big tree uprooted down by the canal? had to climb over that one. was very dangerous..one wrong step n you cud end up in the canal!! :eek: but i do love a bit of excitment n danger in the morning hehe felt sorry for all them women in heels tho havn to climb over!
    That's the one! A good thing that I leave the heels and stuff under my desk and walk to/from work in trainers.

Advertisement