Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

2 Sim Cards - Same Number?

• 21-09-2006 10:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

My mum bought a Nokia 7360 today (impulse buy).

She only realised after she bought it that it didn't have bluetooth.

She has a CK-7W bluetooth car kit installed in her car, which she uses a 6230i with.

Is there anyway she could get an extra sim card (with the same number) to use with the 7360 when shes not in the car and use her existing sim with the 6230i in the car?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭wba88

pretty sure thats not possible. any1 back me up? or correct me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

I have a feeling it's not possible alright but it was worth a shot!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

not strictly possible..
    She could just buy a rtg or speakesy (you didnt say which network she's with) and divert calls from to the phone in the car...divert if out of coverage and turn off phone..
    If shes o2 its possible to clone the card..but not legal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

As it happens shes with O2.

Where could you get the card cloned? Is it traceable by O2 (ie. will she get in trouble)?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

jamieh wrote:
    As it happens shes with O2.

Where could you get the card cloned? Is it traceable by O2 (ie. will she get in trouble)?
    boards doesn't really like it when users point each other to illegal things.

it should only be tracable if they're both on at the same time

probably best to just bring it back to the shop and get a bluetooth phone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

no its not possible at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 459 ✭✭b0bsquish

its possible to do, as for being illegal im not sure why? only one of the cards will work at any one time. ie one of them has to be turned off, when you try to turn the other on, or else it wont let you log into the network...
    at least thats my understanding of it...I could be talking complete waffle!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

First of all, there is no law in Ireland that says this is illegal. Hence, it is not illegal.

However, it quite possibly is against O2's terms of use to clone your SIM card. Check with them. 1909. Just a thought, and I have to admit I don't know about if any of the mobile operators here offer this service, but in Germany you can often buy a cloned SIM for about 10 or 20 euros directly from your mobile operator. It's a service some offer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 716 ✭✭✭JohnnieM

Unfortunatly O2 dont offfer it..(dont ring them) you do it your self... get your self a writable sim fro here http://ucables.com/ref/SIMCARD8... Un fortunatly you also need a sim reader which will set you back a few quid..all the instructions software are on the site..in the members section (after you buy stuff)

Advertisement