Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Football This Weekend

• 21-09-2006 10:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

Premier League
    Friday 22 September 2006
    Bohemians - Waterford United
    Drogheda United - Bray Wanderers
    Shelbourne - Derry City - Live on TG4 19:45 Kick Off
    UCD - Cork City

23 September 2006
    Sligo Rovers - St Patrick's Athletic

First Division
    22 September 2006
    Athlone Town - Finn Harps
    Galway United - Monaghan United

23 September 2006
    Kildare County - Limerick FC
    Kilkenny City - Cobh Ramblers

Shelbourne and Derry meet for the second time this week, and Shels will be looking to avenge their League Cup final loss on penalties. Ndo returns to add some much misse creativity to the midfield, Jason Byrne has trained all week, but club sources say he's not 100% match fit yet. It would be very hard for Fenlon to drop Crowe or O'Neill who have been in a rich vein of form since Byrne injury. A Shels win would put them ten points ahead of Derry, who will have three games in hand. Shels to win by one. 1-0.

Are Bohs in turmoil? Are Waterford resurgent? Bohs at home should be too strong for this Waterford team. 2-0.

Drogs face Bray, and will desperately want a win to keep in touch with the leaders. The Bray side are tough to break down, but I feel that once you score against them, they cave. 2-1 Drogs.

Cork City will feel the same against College. By all accounts their 1-0 last weekend should have been six, so they are still struggling to find the net when chances come their way. UCD are quite miserly when it comes to gifting chances. 0-0.

Finally Pat's at Sligo on Saturday. A real mid-table battle, Sligo have done brilliantly this season, and are a fantastic team. Pat's tired a lot in the second half last weekend against Shels, and will have to watch for the same thing on Saturday. I'll go for a Sligo win here, putting more pressure on Johnny Mac in the Pat's hotseat. 2-1.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Looking for some sweet, sweet revenge at Tolka tomorrow night. 8 hours on a bus is not fun at the best of times, but especially not when you are losing on penalties to 9 men...

Shels 8-0 Derry, and Derry to finish with 7 men.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,432 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

MrJoeSoap wrote:
    Looking for some sweet, sweet revenge at Tolka tomorrow night. 8 hours on a bus is not fun at the best of times, but especially not when you are losing on penalties to 9 men...

Shels 8-0 Derry, and Derry to finish with 7 men.

aye, you're gonna need them to be down to 7 men alright to have any chance, and those 4 to be sent off within the first 5 minutes :)

aye, you're gonna need them to be down to 7 men alright to have any chance, and those 4 to be sent off within the first 5 minutes :)

Like we did at Tolka in June? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Unsure what result I want in Tolka tonight. I suppose a draw would be best, but a loss for weither could be psychologically huge as well. As long as City win I dont really care.

City never have it good at Belfield (apart from last season when we thumped them 1-5), but I see another ground out 0-1 tonight to gain more ground on the front runners.

Id like to see Bray get something from Drogs as well, but that aint going to happen. If possible, Bray are actually worse than Waterford.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

I think we can clinch 5th place by beatiing Pats but it wont be easy as they gave us a good beating the last time we played I fancy Waterford to nick a draw off Bohs too

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

seansouth wrote:
    Are Bohs in turmoil? Are Waterford resurgent? Bohs at home should be too strong for this Waterford team. 2-0.
    Yes, yes, yes, and yes. I wish. We have four players out. I'll be happy if we can field a kicker for Reynolds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I sense a disturbance in the force, bray to beat drogs!

Either that or my heartburn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

gimmick wrote:
    Unsure what result I want in Tolka tonight. I suppose a draw would be best, but a loss for weither could be psychologically huge as well. As long as City win I dont really care.

The fact you care shows what an optimistic person you are :D

Derry to win, Sligo to win Bray (my new 2nd team) to win cork ucd to be 0-0 got it at 6-1 :)

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

1-0 waterford united yes comon super blues

1 0 derry super goal.

www.tg4.ie live

kdjac

• Advertisement

2-0 derry

Shels thrashed us last week , derry now thrashing them.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭pp_me129

derry keeper sent off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

1 2 to Derry now

2-2 shels well on top now

kdjac

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,049 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

FRIDAY 22 SEPTEMBER
    EIRCOM LEAGUE PREMIER DIVISION
    Bohemians 3-1 Waterford Utd
    O'Keefe 48, 73 McCarthy 18
    Kelly 57 Cawley s/o 50
    McCarthy s/o 50

Drogheda Utd 1-1 Bray Wndrs
    O'Brien 62 Gavin og 86

Shelbourne 2-2 Derry City
    Heary 61 McCourt 24
    Crowe 78 Deery 25
    Jennings s/o 44

UCD 1-1 Cork City
    Sammon 71 Murray 75

2-2 cracker, yet again I'm a bit disappointed though.

Should really have scored at least four, Derry hardly left their own half in the second period. Heary and Cahill were sensational, even if the former had about 3 very wayward efforts on goal. What a goal he did score though! Same goes for Deery, who's really making a name for himself with the efforts this campaign.

I'd certainly have settled for 2-2 at half time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Quality football, controversy, great goals (including a 40 yard beauty), cracking atmosphere, top class entertainment. Besides 2 more points, what more could anyone ever want? :)

Perhaps rather pesimistically, I would have settled for 1 point before the game. Id've been happy enough once we didn't let the lead gap slip down. I still maintain that. we bossed the game, and were unlucky to go 2 goals down, very much against the run of play I thought.

Credit to Derry though, defending half as good as that (how many chances did we make?! Very few.) on Thursday, and PSG will have a tough task.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 297 ✭✭johnos

Nice job by Bohs. Waterford indiscipline and failure to play the whistle cost them dear.
    Good to see that we are capable of ending up on the right side of a reffing controversy this season.

Pats 1 up C Foley

Should be there but got a text saying "golf pub :)" and that was the end of that.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

KdjaCL wrote:
    Pats 1 up C Foley

Should be there but got a text saying "golf pub :)" and that was the end of that.

kdjac
    tbh

• Advertisement

seansouth wrote:

do they sell beer on that forum and show live golf?

kdjac

2-0 Mulcahy (player of the year for us imo)

Pats well on top and looking like more alledgley, so 3-2 to sligo then.

kdjac

2-1 sligo well on top start of 2nd half.

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

87th minute: Rovers 1-2 Pats
    89th minute: Rovers 3-2 Pats

Mansaram with the equaliser and Turner with the lead goal from a penalty after Mansaram was taken down. :D Match still not over.

lol 3-2 sligo

Sligo Rovers 3-2 St Pat's Ath 7.45
    Judge 46 C Foley 20
    Mansaram 87 Mulcahy 40
    Turner pen 88

kdjac

KdjaCL wrote:
    so 3-2 to sligo then.
    Mystic Meg:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭YeatsCounty

KdjaCL wrote:
    lol 3-2 sligo

Sligo Rovers 3-2 St Pat's Ath 7.45
    Judge 46 C Foley 20
    Mansaram 87 Mulcahy 40
    Turner pen 88
    Hard luck to your boys, I've got to say that I'm delighted with this result and the fact that we've found the path to goal again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Bastards, if Pat's had been able to close it out then Bohs would have an outside chance of 5th, looks like Sligo have it in the bag now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,954 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

Sligo should be pushing the teams ahead of them and looking to finish as high as third.

Cracking game against Derry on Friday night. I thought the sending off was blatant. Why did Jennings take Jayo out of it if he didn't think it was a goalscoring chance? Pity we couldn't have got a third.... :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Fitzo

What a match for us against Pats last night! to come back from being dead at half time like that! And what makes even sweeter was that Barry Ryan gave away the Penalty after mocking the Shed when Pats scored their second! Great Result, and just what the doctor ordered after the Cork match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

I love to see teams like Sligo doing well. It was great when we had a Waterford team doing well too.

The Dublin teams dont deserve all the good teams they have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

I love to see teams like Sligo doing well. It was great when we had a Waterford team doing well too.

4 of the top 5 teams in the league are non-Dublin, the league cup champions are non-Dublin, and there's a healthy non-Dublin scent (cow dung) to this weekend's FAI Cup action.

:confused:
    Bateman wrote:
    4 of the top 5 teams in the league are non-Dublin, the league cup champions are non-Dublin, and there's a healthy non-Dublin scent (cow dung) to this weekend's FAI Cup action.

The only good team in Dublin is Shels. \o/ AND we got to keep our manager.:p

Quality cowdung comment :D
    I love to see teams like Sligo doing well.
    Yeah, good footballing side are Sligo Rovers. I hope they make the cut for the new SuperMegaFAIPremierLeague.

Advertisement