Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Need key cut and Alarm button for Punto (keys coded)

Options
  • 21-09-2006 11:32pm

Hey All

Just a fairly quick one here.

I have a 2000 Fiat Punto (basic model)

I lost the first key along with the alarm button.

Firstly, I called a Fiat dealer and was told it would cost like arond €300 to get a new key because it has the code thing and would take a few weeks to get it.

** Is there any way or place that I can get it for cheaper, and quicker??
    P.s would appreciate prices if known?

Secondly i dont think the Alarm was put in by Fiat, and it was put in by the first owner, is there anywhere that can get the signal or whatever and make a duplicate of it??? Any ideas how much it would cost?

I need the key and alarm thing coz i KNOW i'll loose the other keys soon, (knowing my luck)
    And also coz i plan on selling it soon enough, and its dodgy enough when your buying a new car and only get one set of key & alarm thing, so might put people off.

Really appreciate your help

Thanks a million guys!;)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭mmenarry

Hey All

Just a fairly quick one here.

I have a 2000 Fiat Punto (basic model)

I lost the first key along with the alarm button.

Firstly, I called a Fiat dealer and was told it would cost like arond €300 to get a new key because it has the code thing and would take a few weeks to get it.

** Is there any way or place that I can get it for cheaper, and quicker??
    P.s would appreciate prices if known?

Secondly i dont think the Alarm was put in by Fiat, and it was put in by the first owner, is there anywhere that can get the signal or whatever and make a duplicate of it??? Any ideas how much it would cost?

I need the key and alarm thing coz i KNOW i'll loose the other keys soon, (knowing my luck)
    And also coz i plan on selling it soon enough, and its dodgy enough when your buying a new car and only get one set of key & alarm thing, so might put people off.

Really appreciate your help

Thanks a million guys!;)

A decent locksmith can do Punto '00 transponder keys, may charge what they like though (but I can guarantee that they know what the garage charges). Expect to pay 100-150 euro. They should be able to do it on the spot if they have the blank (should do, it's a common one)

That's if it is just a car key, and not the red (or could be blue) master key. The master keys are encrypted, and can't be copied.

Alarm fob- you'll have to track down the make of alarm and ring some installers that do it.

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Opel charged me 150

mmenarry wrote:
    A decent locksmith can do Punto '00 transponder keys, may charge what they like though (but I can guarantee that they know what the garage charges). Expect to pay 100-150 euro. They should be able to do it on the spot if they have the blank (should do, it's a common one)

That's if it is just a car key, and not the red (or could be blue) master key. The master keys are encrypted, and can't be copied.

Alarm fob- you'll have to track down the make of alarm and ring some installers that do it.

M.

Thankts a million!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 488 ✭✭watsgone

Hey,

Theres a place in Clonmel called MD keys near the superquinn, I got a spare of my 99 punto done there in was encoded and all. It only could a couple of hours.

Very reasonable under 100 if I recall right.

Hope that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭zapata

I had a 00 FIAT Marea and got a spare coded key cut in Grandons Main Fiat dealers in Glanmire, Cork for €35 including the cost of the key. Shop around....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 549 ✭✭✭WUSBDesign

I'm just about going through all these for our Opel too.....Called up DG Opel (Navan) and the first guy/idiot simply told me off when asked about the key codes, and the second guy quoted EUR25 to be added on top of the actual key to be duplicated.

Where did you (Skyuser) get yours done?
    Skyuser wrote:
    Opel charged me 150

Advertisement