Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

O2 - No coverage, can't logon to o2.ie

• 21-09-2006 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

I signed a form to port over to Vodafone last week in college and received a porting pack. haven't done anything about it since, but all of a sudden today I have no signal with O2 and can't logon to O2.ie. Is it possible that Vodafone deactivated my O2 sim and that it is now useless? The Vodafone pack is down in college and I won't have access to it until Sunday.

I didn't think anything would happen until I activated the Vodafone sim card online or something, I wasn't even sure I wanted to port over. I signed the form just to have the option to change.

Is this the reason why I have no signal etc? I rang a few of my friends on O2, their phones are all fine.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭Brianb8802

Id say the best thing is go ring O2 customer care, they bound to know whats going on

If you speakeasy its 1850 601747

if your bill its 1909

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Porting starts when you sign the form (the form is approval, not your indication of interest). Try ringing your own number, and it'll probably get you to default Voda voicemail.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

your old sim deactivates usually within two hours of a port starting or the next day if its after 6pm (i think its 6). sorry but you're without a number for a few days

maybe you could use a different phone and ask vodafone to divert calls from your number to it. there's no point ringing o2 because you're not a customer of theirs anymore.

also, all your credit is gone if you're on prepay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

When you switch over to another network, you do lose coverage on your old sim. Also, since O2 changed their site, you have to be a O2 member to use it. Which makes sense really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Right, bollocks. I rang O2 there and my number has been ported over. To switch back I have to ring Vodafone, unport my number and buy an O2 porting pack. Thank christ I can back up my phone with everything on it now.

Now I have another issue, is O2 or Vodafone better for me? I joined Vodafone because of the offer of €100 free credit (a free €10 every month when you top up by €20). I mainly use my phone to text/ring my girlfriend and friends, and go through quite a bit of credit.

Which would be better for me?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

Well, since you actually ported over to Vodafone, why change your mind at this stage? You can always change back after a few months if you don't like it. Doesn't make sense to me to port to a different phone company, and than port back the next day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

vodafone isn't best for anyone who wants to save money. apparently o2 have a deal where you can nominate three numbers to ring for either 1c a minute or free (can't remember which) at evenings and weekends. i don't know much about the offer beyond that so look it up.

and if you use the AFT program available in a thread on this forum you can send texts for a fraction of a cent. that works on any network but on meteor they cost 2c each because they charge a minimum of 2c for connecting to GPRS.

take a look at www.callcosts.ie to see who would be cheapest for yourself

ignore it if they say 3 are the cheapest. its not worth the hassle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I think I'll try Vodafone for a while anyway. Hopefully there's some offer or something where I can talk to my gf for cheap (she's vodafone too). I've been thinking of changing to a billphone recently though, I figured out that I've spent over a hundred euro on credit in the last month alone!

EDIT: I've found a deal for €27 a month, which gives me 100 texts at 8c each and 30 minutes. Also, I get 30 minutes free to another vodafone number, which would be great. Also, my Nokia 6131 isn't all exclusive anymore as vodafone have it for sale :(

Advertisement