Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ok - what the hell is that

Options
  • 22-09-2006 12:54am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

I don't know If this a UK thing or not but I just ordered ribs of some kind and chips in my local chippy. This is a departure for me; I am very much a 1/4 pounder and chips man. In fact, it is an extremely rare occasion that I order chicken of any kind.

Frankly, I feel violated.

Chicken burgers are grand. Chicken nuggets or strippers (dominos fans - you know who you are) are grand. Chicken wings are OK. But these things. Jesus christ. I don't know what they were. I was quite drunk when I ordered, but they resembled long donkey bones with skin coated in BBQ sauce.

I feel ill.

I tried eating them. I 'ate' the skin off at at least three bones. Each one made me feel nauceous, and in the end I had to give up before the combination of stomach-churning flesh and alcohol caught up with me. Seriously, what's the story? These long, BBQ covered bone things? Does anyone actually eat these things? Anyone human? I couldn't believe it when I opened the box. I expected some kind of deep-fried, breadcrumb covered chicken. I got archeological artefacts from 1925 coated in sugar and poo. Not very satisfactory. How are these things still on the menu? They'd be more useful in baiting some skobie to death than providing any kind of nutritional value. In fact, I think I am closer to starvation and death now that I have 'eaten' them.

Anyone else fallen victim to a big bone coated in flesh that you just want to lick but feel bad for doing so? Gross.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭county

(change) let that be a lesson to you;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Elbows

This might seem like a real stupid question but... aren't ribs pork? They're certainly not chicken!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think you got the wrong order. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Yes, yes Pepe, chicken ribs - a delicacy.... or not? You got barbecue pork spare ribs and not even I believe you were drunk enough to mess that one up.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

But! But! I pointed at the overhead menu thing and said "Chicken! Chicken!!". Ughhh.

At least Pepe likes Chips.

• Advertisement
Advertisement