Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I think my puppy is sick

Options
  • 22-09-2006 2:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hey,

I just bought a little staffy a month ago. Shes beautiful, little cookie. For the last three days shes been getting sick at night. And tonight she got sick five times and had a bad case of diaoreha. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can do I would be greatful. If it keeps up tomorrow Im gonna bring her to the vet. But Im skinned so any help would be appreciated. I seen a piece of glass in her poo the other day, I wonder could that have caused this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Before you said something about the glass, then I would have said a diet change could have caused the sickness. You really need to get your puppy to a vet ASAP, the glass could be extremely dangerous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭duckegg

waximus wrote:
    Hey,

I just bought a little staffy a month ago. Shes beautiful, little cookie. For the last three days shes been getting sick at night. And tonight she got sick five times and had a bad case of diaoreha. If anyone has any suggestions as to what I can do I would be greatful. If it keeps up tomorrow Im gonna bring her to the vet. But Im skinned so any help would be appreciated. I seen a piece of glass in her poo the other day, I wonder could that have caused this.
    bring to your blue cross vet they dont charge you can donate what you can she must have eaten something and cant pass it may need xray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Soupi

Bring her to the Vet ASAP, Blue Cross or your usual vet. Puppies can get dehydrated extremely quickly and you don't want to lose her. Hopefully it's nothing serious but puppies being puppies don't have alot of common sense when it comes to eating things.

Let us know how she gets on and best of luck ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 waximus

I have made an appointment with the vet for tonight at 7.

Your not gonna believe this I think shes suicidal I just caught her eating one of those blue things that you put in the toilet cistern.

Anywat thanks again. Ill let you all know how she gets on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭duckegg

waximus wrote:
    I have made an appointment with the vet for tonight at 7.

Your not gonna believe this I think shes suicidal I just caught her eating one of those blue things that you put in the toilet cistern.

Anywat thanks again. Ill let you all know how she gets on.
    She seems like a character alright,good luck

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

waximus wrote:
    I just caught her eating one of those blue things that you put in the toilet cistern.

hope she'll be ok & that the vet visit goes well.......

Puppies will eat / chew ANYTHING that they can get at - to avoid catching her eating cisterm blocks again (which are HIGHLY toxic) you should really move everything out of her reach & just leave her toys at the level she can reach until she grows up a bit ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

Sounds rather serious, hope shes ok, let us know what the vet says.

Sounds like you have a bit of a handful there lol, you're gonna have to keep a close eye on that little demon. ;)

B

• Registered Users Posts: 30 waximus

Hey,

Well I brought her to the vet and the vet called it a lucky escape. She said that if anything was going to happen it would have happened in the first twenty four hours. She checked her out and said that there was no signs that she was sick. But she gave me this stuff called liquid parafin, to clean out her system. She was tellin me that there was an old wives tale that if a pregnant woman took liquid parafin it would enduce labour. She didnt believe it was true though. But just in case any of you ladies are overdue thats the job for you:). Anyway thanks again everybody.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭FranknFurter

If any overdue ladies do try that, be aware you are far more likely to spend the night on the toilet than in labour!! LOL
    afaik it works as a very strong laxative! :eek:

B

Advertisement