Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sleeping Beauty!!

Options
  • 22-09-2006 7:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭

As I arrived at me parking space on Camdon Row this morning. A guy in a silver toyota corola drove by me, I assume having passed his intended destination he hit the brakes and reversed (badly) back down the road and pulled his car into Elliots Cash and carry. I watched the guy get out of his car stagger to the wall and take a leak.

Immediatly I phoned Harcourt Guards and Informed them what I had just seen. The Guard told me they would get a car down straight away. By the way this was at 6.45 am

Its now 7-51am and having just gone back to my car to get something, I still now notice the Drunk driver is now a sleeping beauty in the drivers seat, engine off but ignition on.

Do I waste my time ringing the guards again or just let it go.:confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

Ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Chonker

Just did same reply. "We will put the call out?"
    Just spoke to a guy from Elliots, With or without guards Elliots will be moving him on at 8.30.

*8.14* Guy from Elliots, rang to say he drove off. Also said he had on what looked like a garda shirt? I cant say I noticed that. Shame on Harcourt Garda Station.

Hope you got his reg. I'd be ringing HQ.

Gardai are not above the law.

overdriver wrote:
    Hope you got his reg. I'd be ringing HQ.

Gardai are not above the law.

I cant say for sure he was a Garda, I didnt notice the shirt, But they got his reg on my first call.

Who knows maybe thats why they let him sleep it off. How could they be so busy at 7am. Might have been quicker to ring Copper face's

• Advertisement

That's exactly why the let him. They knocked on my door at 4 am because a neighbour mailiciously told them I'd been drink driving. I hadn't, but I'd been just about to open a can to wind down after my gig. I'd have been rightly screwed then.
    They were quick enouigh then.
    Ring Garda HQ and ask for internal affairs or whatever it's called.

Couldn't be arsed.... Why should I spend anymore time thinking about it. I'm sure it happens everyday.

You're just tired. Do it because the b*stard could've killed someone this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

overdriver wrote:
    That's exactly why the let him. They knocked on my door at 4 am because a neighbour mailiciously told them I'd been drink driving. I hadn't, but I'd been just about to open a can to wind down after my gig. I'd have been rightly screwed then.

Funnily enough, there is no way they could have prosecuted you, even if you had driven home drunk, once you'd had a sip of that can at home.

Advertisement