Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Tax - Car off road

Options
  • 22-09-2006 9:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭

Hi guys.

I've had my car garaged since the last week of August. The car tax expired at the end of August and I've not bothered to tax it as I won't take the car back until the end of this month.

What do I need in order to avoid paying the car tax for the month the car is off the road?

Cheers guys.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭stifz

go into a local garda station ask foir the form stating the car was off the road - fill in the dates and get it stamped and signed by the garda on duty. They basically sign saying you claim the car to be off the road between date x and y. Send this to the motor taxation office when you go to tax the car again.

It's done all the time so it's not great hassel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Thanks stifz!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

get it taxed before you bring it on the road.DONOT drive it without tax as i had a really bad experience last week.i got stopped in my uncles jeep and it didnot have road tax since january as he has not driven it at all.now i got the car the night before and the tax was sorted out in portloaise including stamp got by guards and also had the tax disc.
    when i got stopped in dublin the guards took the vechile off me and told me to start walking:mad: .and i had to pay 125 euro to realease the bloody jeep from the cop shop.
    i really got pissed off as it wasnot even my jeep.

Advertisement