Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ryder Cup on skysports.com

• 22-09-2006 10:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭

The cup can be watched live on skysports.com for 4.50 euro per day.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Snivilian

racso1975 wrote:
    The cup can be watched live on skysports.com for 4.50 euro per day.

Fookin criminals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

Snivilian wrote:
    Fookin criminals

Sttep allright,

We got it in the office here, so we split the cost, so about €1 each, which is cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Snivilian

Should be free. Bertie tried to make it so, but the powers that be blocked it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭AlanD

did anyone manage to start viewing this even if the Demo feed didn't work?

Can't get the demo feed to work that will test my connection, so don't want to go forking out for it if it won't work.

Have broadband, XP, can view videos from online anywhere else.....stupid site isn't any help at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Daithi66

It's a disgrace it isn't on RTE. Typical Government not fighting for what should be free! Bertie probably has a grand stand seat for the last day!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Daithi66 wrote:
    It's a disgrace it isn't on RTE. Typical Government not fighting for what should be free! Bertie probably has a grand stand seat for the last day!

I'm a golf fan as much as the next guy but would not want my money wasted on RTE trying to provide coverage that would only be a patch on what Sky do.

I think Bertie should have a grandstand seat. His government have allocated huge money to the Ryder Cup and golf in general in this country.

Why should the Ryder Cup be free?

It's only 4.50 per day online, that's for nothing!

S

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Mickah

http://www.rydercup.com/2006/europe/multimedia/video/live.html

Double click video to go Fullscreen!

All hail Mickah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

I totally agree it should be a protected sporting event and live on national television. Golf highlights just aren't the same.

Not wanting to miss the action I signed up for the 3 day pass @ €7.50 which is fair enough compare to a rip off Sky sub.
    They are probably just testing the market for streaming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

just got sat and sun for 7.50.

Fine price really. Can't complain. Imagine how quick yad spend that if watched in a pub. Decent quality too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

There is a delay of approx 30 seconds - 1 minute on the website service.

S

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

Just remember 10 hours of it will use up about 2.6gigs of your monthly download limit... so 10hours a day = a fair chunk :)

ive hooked my stream up to the tv and looks perfect

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭opo

Watching it on Sky Sports and I am very disappointed.

There seems to be an inordinate amount of picture break-up and sound problems.

As an avid tv golf fan, I am used to watching perfect coverage of US events.

Bring the damn thing within 20 miles and it goes pear shaped!

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭omahony99

What a rip-off. I watched it for free on NBC online. Great coverage and hearing the American prospective was a nice change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 632 ✭✭✭ButtermilkJack

opo wrote:
    Watching it on Sky Sports and I am very disappointed.

There seems to be an inordinate amount of picture break-up and sound problems.

As an avid tv golf fan, I am used to watching perfect coverage of US events.

Bring the damn thing within 20 miles and it goes pear shaped!
    Sorry to hear that mate... I've been watching it all morning and haven't had a problem with sound or picture. In fact I'm surprised at how 'good' the quality really is. Although a t €4.50 it is a bit steep. Especially if you can get it free on NBC...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 198 ✭✭yellabelly

Sky online stream wasn't a rip-off in my opinion. €7.50 for 3 days, nearly 30 hours coverage.
    The quality of the stream was much better than NBC and they had less ad breaks. My only problem with the service came when McGinley got to the 18th but it was all over by then.
    I would worry that if it is successful Sky will up the price so it does become a rip-off like the satellite packages.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭prospect

Sorry to hear that mate... I've been watching it all morning and haven't had a problem with sound or picture. In fact I'm surprised at how 'good' the quality really is. Although a t €4.50 it is a bit steep. Especially if you can get it free on NBC...

Ditto, my video stream was perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭FrankGrimes

I signed up for the 3 day pass for €7.50 and had 3 days of quality viewing out of it, with a flawless feed that was TV quality. How on earth that can be a rip-off is beyond me, I thought it was perfectly priced and was a quality product.

Advertisement