Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

ryder cup on radio

• 22-09-2006 10:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭

has anyone listened to the ryder cup coverage on radio 1 lw and mw? heard around an hours worth this morning - sounds alright - a lot of whispering from the on course guys, but that's to be expected.

i'm just wondering is it really sustainable over three days. i think they're doing 11 hours coverage today and tomorrow. i mean, I'm a sports fan. i'm not a massive golf fan, but i might tune in and out here and there.

as a fan of radio, I'm curious to see how they pull it all together and how they try to make it sound interesting...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

The coverage is excellent,prefer to listen on radio sometimes.As it is in Ireland, I am listening to RTE, but usually BBC 5 live do fantastic coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Des Cahill is crap. And whoever it is who kept invoking the phase Game Face this morning should have his mike shoved hard where the sound will be muffled.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

you can also get it online here http://www.rydercup.com/2006/europe/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,726 ✭✭✭✭DMC

yamo wrote:
    has anyone listened to the ryder cup coverage on radio 1 lw and mw? heard around an hours worth this morning - sounds alright - a lot of whispering from the on course guys, but that's to be expected.

i'm just wondering is it really sustainable over three days. i think they're doing 11 hours coverage today and tomorrow. i mean, I'm a sports fan. i'm not a massive golf fan, but i might tune in and out here and there.

as a fan of radio, I'm curious to see how they pull it all together and how they try to make it sound interesting...

Indeed, as FlutterinBantam said, its as good as what 5 Live do, and they've always broadcast 3 days of the Ryder Cup, 12 hours a day, and also all the US Majors and The Open. Whispering is a requirement for this, but volume control is advised, tho... :D

Good work RTÉ. I would've expected more audio cock-ups by now.

mike65 wrote:
    Des Cahill is crap. And whoever it is who kept invoking the phase Game Face this morning should have his mike shoved hard where the sound will be muffled.

Mike.

One of these days.... just one of these days, you will agree with me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

:D RTE get credit for the fact its uninterrupted apart from a rare ad break, fivelive I love but they are very formatted so its news/sport/weather/traffic every 12 mins.

Mike.

At the end of the Ryder... full marks to RTE for an excellent production...

well done...... but

Wayne Reilly....Hmmm... did not cut the mustard... off the pace .. especially with the dhrink comment...

Cahill... sorry..uhhm. no ..agree with you Mike... stick to the fuhball and the shaveheads and tatts singsongsong brigade..oops ..sorry ..army.. tried the "Man of the People " stuff.. the Shnuuuff... ..Yeeahh .. Rooih.. cant.. but failed miserably.

Greg Allen deserves a kudo... never lost the plot... hasn't got a an irritating Dooblin accent... ...Well done Greg.

Advertisement