Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ballymun Rd, Road Works

Options
  • 22-09-2006 11:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Any one else have to put up with this mess?!
    The signage on the approach indicates that the 2 outer lanes are clsoed ahead, causing traffic to attempt to merge to the bus lane. After this happens a bus often will stop blocking the whole bus lane. Only traffic in the middle lane that did not attempt to merge can now pass through the samll gap left in front of the bus. All the vehicles obeying the signage are left stuck causing tailbacks and aggravation.

2. At the point above in the road works, when a bus stops, all traffic must try and squeeze through the small gap ( sometimes not big enogh for larger vehicles ) left between the front of the stopped bus and the excavation fencing at this point.

3. The danger to cars and the bus alike not to mention the chronic disruption to flow above could greatly be alleviated by the relocation of the bus stop. I reckon if moved to where the full 3 lanes open out only 50 m from where it is would give ample and safe opportunity for cars to make progress and allow the bus driver pull in and out in a "normal" bus lane without traffic cutting across.

Is this too simple to thin of. I havbe put this top both parties and await some drivel blaming each other or the propsed location is not safe cos blah blah blah...This excavation has top be per sq foot the worst affecting road works ever. Its so small the area under works but the effects are huge!!:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭turbo

Any one else have to put up with this mess?!
    The signage on the approach indicates that the 2 outer lanes are clsoed ahead, causing traffic to attempt to merge to the bus lane. After this happens a bus often will stop blocking the whole bus lane. Only traffic in the middle lane that did not attempt to merge can now pass through the samll gap left in front of the bus. All the vehicles obeying the signage are left stuck causing tailbacks and aggravation.

2. At the point above in the road works, when a bus stops, all traffic must try and squeeze through the small gap ( sometimes not big enogh for larger vehicles ) left between the front of the stopped bus and the excavation fencing at this point.

3. The danger to cars and the bus alike not to mention the chronic disruption to flow above could greatly be alleviated by the relocation of the bus stop. I reckon if moved to where the full 3 lanes open out only 50 m from where it is would give ample and safe opportunity for cars to make progress and allow the bus driver pull in and out in a "normal" bus lane without traffic cutting across.

Is this too simple to thin of. I havbe put this top both parties and await some drivel blaming each other or the propsed location is not safe cos blah blah blah...This excavation has top be per sq foot the worst affecting road works ever. Its so small the area under works but the effects are huge!!:mad:

its a nightmare, i hate going through there

Advertisement