Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Query about renewing Road Tax

Options
  • 22-09-2006 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭

Tax is due on our 'leisure' car which, a year on and date for date, has covered the grand total of 1,045 miles. Since we're definitely not going to be using until at least March'07, I'm considering my options - can I not renew the tax until March '07? Is there something in Ireland like the UK SORN i.e. 'taking car off the road', any sort of procedure to follow etc.?

Thx in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

:o - just noticed mikedragon32 's thread on the page. Duh me!

(in other words, do nothing and when time comes to tax, go to Gardai station & get form/cert etc.)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,561 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

If your car is off the road and not being used, get a form in the garda station to declare your car off the road and they will sign it for you so when you pay for your tax you show that form and away you go!!

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

ambro25 wrote:
    (in other words, do nothing and when time comes to tax, go to Gardai station & get form/cert etc.)
    Yup - AFAIK it's done in reverse, not in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

They'll keep writing to you, though. There's an option on the renewal form to say its off the road and they'll leave you alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

Thx posters - I'll grab the form and look it up closer :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement