Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Speaker buzzing

Options
  • 22-09-2006 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I have a buzzing coming from one of my speakers in my car.

I had a look at both of the back ones last night (as this is where the buzzing is coming from). And it turns out they look fine, they are Pioneer speakers so they aren't the crappy factory ones.

Anyone any thoughts as to what it might be??

Thanks,
    Dave.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Are they hooked up to an external amp?

All connections on tight with no signs of damage to wiring?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Yeah, all looks well and tight. The speaker cone looks fine too, no tears or anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

Are the rear speakers on a parcel shelf??
    If so you could try hooking up the good(rear)speaker to the wiring of the one that's buzzing.Simple way of counting out a faulty speaker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭VeVeX

Normally if there is a buzzing its a faulty earth, that is unless you havnent blown the bollix out of them.

If its a bad earth buzz if will increase in pitch with the increase of revs by the engine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

It could be the grill fouling the cone of the speaker. perhaos someone left something heavy on it. Pop off the grill and push it back out.

• Advertisement

Well the speakers are mounted in the sides beside the back seats.. When I looked, everything seemed secure, no loose parts or anything. Also they are point out of the sides so nothing can be put on them causeing any harm.

I don't listen to music loud even, its just when there is any ammount of bass in a song it will buzz..

Also, it doesn't increase with the rev's of the engine.

Thanks for the help so far dudes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

You've blown one. Get thee to Argos.

Had a buddy look at it this afternoon, it was a loose wire at the back he said.. fixed now all the same.

Thanks for all the above dudes.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I take it they buzz with the beat - or at least with the bass. Thats why you seem to be implying in previous posts. It could be one of 3 things.

1. There is some 'foreign object' in between the grill and the speaker cone (or something is loose)

2. The cone has become detached from the metal cage - i.e. the suspension is torn.

3. The speaker driver coil has become overheated / damaged / warped and is dragging against the fixed magnet.

You can remedy point 1 - but if its the other two the best option is to but a new set of speakers.

More info here.

Advertisement