Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring balance from credit card

Options
  • 22-09-2006 12:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭

Long story short: lot of money on my VISA card (car purchase fell through), need to get it back into my current a/c.

Bank (Permanent TSB) say this isn't possible.

Only way I can think of is to cancel the card, which I don't really want to do, as it is quite handy.

Any other way around this?

cheers,
    Ken

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

If the bank aren't willing to do it, there doesn't seem to be any easy way round it. I'm surprised they won't reverse the transaction considering the circumstances

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭PDelux

Same thing happened to me with Visa and AIB. When using the online banking the visa shows up in the 'transfer from' field, go through all the details and then at the end it says you cant transfer money from a credit card!
    The thing is, it wasnt even my money it was money my employer gave me to preload my credit card before going on a business trip.
    i dont understand why they dont allow it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

If you had a card from MBNA you have simply wrote yourself a cheque from your cc back to your bank account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

dazberry wrote:

WALOB:mad:

WTF is there to complain about:mad:

WTF cant the OP go into any bank and draw down the credit balance on the CC in cash and lodge it to the bank acc.
    there is no charge when CC is in credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

ircoha wrote:

There is for cash withdrawals. Still may be the easiest solution.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

ircoha wrote:

WTF cant the OP go into any bank and draw down the credit balance on the CC in cash and lodge it to the bank acc.

Because I don't live in Ireland anymore... still I may be back in the next month and this could be an option, however its not exactly a few hundred.. still I'll harrass the bank clerk till they sort it out :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Kali wrote:
    Long story short: lot of money on my VISA card (car purchase fell through), need to get it back into my current a/c.

Bank (Permanent TSB) say this isn't possible.

Only way I can think of is to cancel the card, which I don't really want to do, as it is quite handy.

Any other way around this?

cheers,
    Ken

I'm guessing both your Visa & a/c are with TSB? I've 2 MBNA cards, there's a facility on their site that allows your to do a Balance Transfer to any ROI bank account using whatever available funding you have on the Visa. All you do is put in a/c no and sort code, dunno why you cant do it with TSB though :confused:

xebec wrote:
    There is for cash withdrawals. Still may be the easiest solution.

not in Eire when CC is in credit unless with MBNA or other non-mainstream CC's

Kali wrote:
    Because I don't live in Ireland anymore... still I may be back in the next month and this could be an option, however its not exactly a few hundred.. still I'll harrass the bank clerk till they sort it out :)

Sorry, Kali, did not see the location, my apologies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,323 ✭✭✭Savman

Kali wrote:
    Because I don't live in Ireland anymore...
    :o

My attention to detail sucks :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭dazberry

ircoha wrote:

... so would you care to enlighten us as to why this is a LOB?

D.

Advertisement