Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ableton live sound card

• 22-09-2006 12:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10

Can anyone recommend a good 4 channel sound card for use when DJing with Ableton Live. Had bought the Emu 0404 only to realise the 2 channel output was only 1 output therefore no ability to monitor..Duh! Not using any external mixers or effects, all done within live at the mo. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭electro.ie

You may not be at a complete loss, you can use your onboard sound for monitoring and the other soundcard for master out. If you download "Asio4all" off the net (it's free) you can combine your two souncards into one 4 channel one, then in the preferences in live choose "Asio4all". use channel 1/2 for master and 3/4 for monitoring. Hope this helps. If you need any help let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 lucifers303

Thanx electro. Downloaded and installed asio4all ok but when i enable my onboard sound "out" from within live it cuts out any audio from my soundcard. The status bar in asio4all ramains a constant blank no matter what i do and the status of my soundcard in is "beyond logic", just cannot get audio from my soundcard whenever onboard is enabled. More advice would be very much appreciated. Cheers!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭sturgo

Buy yourself a Mac & an M-Audio sound module. It will save you days & days of pulling your hair out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 167 ✭✭electro.ie

I've seen that before on a few computers. Try, if possible, getting another computer, installing the soundcard and asio4all and see if you get the same error, it may be incompatible with your onboard sound, There was an issue with Asio4all giving false "Beyond Logic" errors, make sure you have version 2.7. You see you run into latency issues when you combine soundcards (the largest latency of the 2 cards is used, plus a little more for headroom) so assuming you're planning on dj'ing, you're gonna have that to deal with, again obviously I'm not familiar with your onboard soundcard and it may have a low latency. Failing that try the forums on abletons site, I had a quick glance there and some people had similar issues which they resolved.

And yes if all else fails...buy a mac & M-audio!
    The fast track pro 2 soundcard!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 lucifers303

Thanx again electro will try their forum and certainly If had the money I would buy a mac and this Microsoft bug infested box of ballix would be taking a trip to the ground floor via the window.

• Advertisement
Advertisement