Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool Predictions ??

Options
  • 22-09-2006 12:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭

Defoe to pull a late rabbit out otta the hat
    1-0 Tottenham

Well you have to dream don't you ??

COME ON YOU SPURS

Enjoy the game Ronan !!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

I think Liverpool will win by 14 goals to 12.

Or maybe Pool will win 2-0.

S

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭marcphisto

I think it'll be close enough. But Liverpool will shade it 2:1

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Cheers Shane.

Can't see us scoring with our current form, but think the defence is solid enough to shut out Liverpool.

0-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

1:1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

A Spurs forum? w00t

Spurs to truely stun everyone with dazzling play and cohesion and demolish 'pool 2 nil.

No honestly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭Andrew 83

I think nil all seems likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Altheus

Ah come on now, Liverpool have played alot, Chelsea, Newscastle then us in a morning kick off. I can't see Keane or Mido continuing their droughts, and with how we dominated play against Fulham, I'd imagine Jol's spent all week ensuring that the net ripples come Saturday. Anfield has a lovely surface, and Liverpool will try and stretch us wide. We'll be after an early goal, so I can see us pushing heavily forward at the start of this game, with Daws and King back at the heart, I'm not too worried defensively.

Hopefully, we'll line up a 4 3 1 2 formation

Robinson

Chimbo Daws King Ekotto/Pyo

Jenas Zokora Davids/Tainio

Murphy

Keane Defoe/Mido

---

Mido, Keane, Defoe, Murphy and Tainio are off match fitness from their displays, but should be really looking to peak this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Cuchulainn33

Robbie to score with a piece of magic and Liverpool to eventually score an equaliser with 5 mins to go after battering us for the rest of the game.

We must get at least a point though.

I know it's early and we have injuries but we are in serious danger of going into a nose-dive if we are not careful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Excuse me contributing!

Liverpool have a CL game against Galatasaray (luckily at home) on Wedneday
    so I would'nt be surprised if Rafa does'nt ring some changes again. Gonzales might actually get a start. Spurs are a bit of a bogey team for the Reds these days but I'll go for a not very convincing 2-0 win.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Robxxx7

i have a sneaky feeling it will be a draw ... and i'll be happy enough with that

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote:
    Excuse me contributing!

No excuses necessary Mike, any civil contribution from non-Spurs is welcome on the forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,563 ✭✭✭kinaldo

Hey, nice little forum u got yourselves here (was wondering why I hadn't seen the old Spurs rumours thread in a while).

Interesting game tomorrow between two evenly matched sides. I think I've been overrating Liverpool before.

Spurs never win at fortress Anfield which is usually something to go by but I think you're good enough to sneak a draw. With neither side in goalscoring form I expect defences to come out on top - 0-0 or 1-1 would be my bet.

Watch out for Bellamy though, the little upstart is long overdue a goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,946 ✭✭✭slumped

Looks like my prediction of 2-0 was closest to the truth!

Ha. Spurs were terrible, absolutley awful.

Keane should get out of there asap!

S

slumped wrote:

S

Maybe if Keane started to apply himself a little more our results would improve? No goals for the first team (competitive and pre-season) since a tap in against Arsenal in April speaks volumes...

Just in from the game. We held our own in the 1st half (the peno appeal aside), though the warning signs were there. Keane and Defoe were both poor, as were the two "wide" men Jenas and Tainio. Jenas had his worst game in my memory for Spurs, summed up by his miss just before their first.

I cannot understand how it was that when Davids broke forward in the 2nd half it was Jenas who was the most further forward. Do our forwards not have to get in the box anymore? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭el diablo

slumped wrote:
    Looks like my prediction of 2-0 was closest to the truth!

Ha. Spurs were terrible, absolutley awful.

S
    hopefully Keane will be dropped as soon as Berbatov returns.

Keano is probably the most overrated player in the Premiership.....:mad:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

kinaldo wrote:
    Hey, nice little forum u got yourselves here (was wondering why I hadn't seen the old Spurs rumours thread in a while).

Interesting game tomorrow between two evenly matched sides. I think I've been overrating Liverpool before.

Spurs never win at fortress Anfield which is usually something to go by but I think you're good enough to sneak a draw. With neither side in goalscoring form I expect defences to come out on top - 0-0 or 1-1 would be my bet.

Watch out for Bellamy though, the little upstart is long overdue a goal.

I think your signature is hilarious. you're still celebrating Newcastle's 5-0 victory over Man U that happened 10 years ago? :rolleyes:

el diablo wrote:
    I think your signature is hilarious. you're still celebrating Newcastle's 5-0 victory over Man U that happened 10 years ago? :rolleyes:
    Yeah I expect a bit of stick over it but I'm hardly still celebrating, it's just a nice reminder of happier times.

As for Spurs, that's the last time I attempt to predict a result for them. Not once have I ever got them right.

Sounds to me like JJ is setting back into the rut he fell into for most of his time up in Newcastle.

kinaldo wrote:

Sounds to me like JJ is setting back into the rut he fell into for most of his time up in Newcastle.

In certain aspects of his game, yes.

His concentration re. the simple things is sorely lacking, short passes going astray, failure to notice Chimbonda on the overlap. I don't think he completed one pass all day.

Then again, he showed the hunger and the foresight to sprint a full 80yds to get on the end of Davids' ball from the left when Keane was still trotting over the half way line...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

the game yesterday was rubbish i was cursing it after about 70 mins couldnt belive i had gotten out of bed for that tripe.

davids keane and jenas amongst others were terrible. its beginning to really piss me off how little goal scoring chances we are creating.

Keane needs to spend some time on the bench again, I reckon. he seems to be getting lazy again now that's he's almost guaranteed a starting place.

anyone think Berbatov and Mido can play together? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

eoinf wrote:
    i was cursing it after about 70 mins couldnt belive i had gotten out of bed for that tripe..
    lol, the lengths some fans go to...;)

kinaldo wrote:
    lol, the lengths some fans go to...;)
    is there a Newcastle United Supporters Club here in boards.ie?

Advertisement