Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lost Season 2 Region 1

• 22-09-2006 12:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Where can I buy a DVD player that will play Region 1 DVD's?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭berengar

this post should be moved, you can get region free DVD players most places,
    BUT beware new R1 DVDs have protection against multi regioned players ,
    (RCE protection I think) .

As far as I know you can order a R1 DVD player on amazon.com, not sure about buying them in the high st in Ireland.

If you are looking for LOST S2 cheap try fnac.es , perdidos in Spanish

will be about 45 euro. (not out till 26th October though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭doh.ie

I have several RCE discs which play fine, so it must be particular players which can't play 'em. Lexus - Google your player's model number - it may already be capable of playing multi-region discs. If not, you can pick up many models here in Ireland which are region and RCE free. You could also use a computer program like DVD RegionFree to make your computer's player play multi-region discs (without having to flash the firmware or anything potential dangerous to it.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭Toy

Look up your make and model od DVD player on http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks .

If you can't find it then get an argos catalog (easier than going into a shop and taking down details) and look up those DVD players and buy one you like that does have a region hack.

Advertisement