Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo Rejection

Options
  • 22-09-2006 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

I got a small tattoo on my navel just below the belt line of my jeans about 2 weeks ago. I did exactly as instructed by the artist, didn't pick at scabs, didn't soak the tattoo, kept it dry and clean, yet now that it's healed up it's almost completely disappeared. There is a very, very faint outline still there but that is it. Is this common? Was it something I did? Is it possible that my body just rejected the ink or something like that? I did have a problem with a piercing being rejected before, is it the same thing?

Any help you could give me would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

I've never heard of a tattoo rejecting although I have heard of the body attacking them and working them through the lymphatic system as a foreign body.

I'd say it was badly done, go back to the artist and see what they say, if they fob you off and say you did something wrong then I'd go elsewhere and tell them you wont be back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

I'll echo Blub. Go to your artist show em and if they don't offer to fix it up for free, walk out and let em know you and anyone who knows you won't be back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 babymonkey

Much appreciated. Bloody annoying, first tattoo and I get a dud... grrr...

babymonkey wrote:
    Much appreciated. Bloody annoying, first tattoo and I get a dud... grrr...

Possibly alright, the only other thing I can think of is that you're being unrealistic in your choice of waist sizes on your trousers and the scab was removed and the ink "worn out" of the wound within the first few days.

Unrealistic no, but perhaps its what happened anyway. It's an area of the body that would get a lot of wear from constant movement... well we'll see what happens anway

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,545 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I find tattoo places are generally nice about this kind of thing!! I got one done a few years ago, didn't scratch it but the scab got peeled off in my sleep in bed and I went back in they done a free touch up there and then!!

babymonkey wrote:
    Unrealistic no, but perhaps its what happened anyway. It's an area of the body that would get a lot of wear from constant movement... well we'll see what happens anway

It's not a dig, I don't know you so I hope you take it right :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Has it completely healed, because I get a similar problem when I get tattooed, but it is just like an extra layer of skin builds up on the tattoo for about three to four week after I have had the tattoo it then goes white, flakey and scaley and falls off, then it looks fine. This has happened me on all of my 13 tattoo's bar the one on my ankle.

21/25

Blub2k4 wrote:
    It's not a dig, I don't know you so I hope you take it right :)

I know! No offence taken!

And Uch, yeah it seems to have completely healed. The skin is as soft as the skin around it. Looks exactly the same except for a little bit of a blue shadow where the tattoo was/is...

Ah well, I'm heading in Monday to ask him about it. See waht he says, I shall keep y'all informed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭Fantasy_Suicide

That is quite weird. Post a picture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

you shouldnt really have your trousers anywhere near it to be honest..

Advertisement